|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. A global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Senior Program Manager – CTO Office will provide program management and coordination across the full spectrum of development activities (up to Go-To-Market interface) of complex, highly technical programs of work undertaken by an organisation of over 100 engineers and data scientists. The scope of programs spans aerial imaging hardware, computer vision, flight operations software, AI and Machine Learning, as well as large (PB-scale) cloud infrastructure, APIs, web client software, 3rd party integrations and more. Working closely and collaboratively with the Product, Engineering, Systems Analysis and Technology leadership, this is a rare opportunity to take full ownership of program management across the engineering and technology functions of one of Australia’s most innovative companies, a global technology leader in aerial imaging, processing and analytics.
If you join us on this exciting journey, you’ll love our inclusive values and share our ambition to become the source of truth that helps shape decisions for the liveable world.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
What we are looking for
For this particular role, we are seeking someone with:
- Extensive experience in Technology and/or Engineering sector with at least 5+ years of Program Management - experience in core project management competencies including scope, schedule, requirements, quality, along with risk and critical path management.
- Experience with both traditional and agile methodologies.
- Experience in stakeholder management across all levels of an organisation.
- Experience communicating in front of large groups.
- 5+ years working with technical teams that are geographically distributed across continents.
- Experience working in the USA region is highly regarded.
Your key responsibilities and deliverables in this role are:
Technical Tasks/Program Management
- Introduce and implement a technical program management framework that pragmatically respects the way the technology and engineering groups currently plan and execute their work while also achieving overarching program/project scoping, planning/budgeting, alignment, risk management, tracking, and reporting of all technical work as alignment with company-wide Go-To-Market plans.
- Create and maintain relevant and consistent dashboards or other ways of providing on-going visibility of status of projects/programs across all tiers of the organisation (team to C-level).
- Proactively identify project/program challenges and be a collaborative catalyst for solutions before challenges become problems.
- Take the technical organisation on a journey towards appropriate program management best practices, geared to the needs of a fast-moving technology organisation.
- Become a trusted, respected voice of technical program management across Nearmap, with global visibility across our company, bringing clarity and certainty to all stakeholders.
- Garner respect and build strong relationships with an A-grade technology and engineering organisation. We hire the brightest minds and you must be able to operate effectively at their level.
Providing support and educating stakeholders
- Act as a communications liaison between technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Working with stakeholders and be accountable for deliverables.
- Develop and maintain productive internal relationships.
- Facilitate cross-collaboration and understanding between technology, engineering and product teams.
- Generate reports for different internal and/or external audiences.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.
Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.