|Job Type:||Full Time|
This position is for a Trading Application Support Technologist to join our Global Production management team supporting Equities Trading technology. Working in Application Support means you'll use both creative and critical thinking skills to maintain application systems that are crucial to the daily operations of the firm. This is a critical business facing role where the candidate will be responsible for providing frontline support for the Equities business working on a challenging and evolving platform. Institutional Equities covers a number of business activities including Market-making in a number of products, Trading, Sales and Research.
Your key responsibilities will include:
Responsible for L1/L2/Trading Floor support for all critical trading applications spanning from client connectivity layer to market connectivity including the OMS (Order Management System) and EMS (Execution Management System) for different line of business like High Touch / Portfolio / Electronic / Prime and also support the Australia middle office front to back issues
Continually improve the automation of mundane production support task using Shell Scripts (Per/Python/Bash) and basic understanding of database SQL (oracle/Sybase) with exposure in handling infrastructure / Network/ Application / FIX protocol related issues hosted on Linux platform
Play a collaborative role with a wide range of stakeholders both in Asia and Globally
Troubleshoot and support the production queries/incidents within ASX /Chix Cash Equities products
To be successful you will need:
- Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or comparable with a minimum 3 years of working experience in Cash Equities Support
- Detailed knowledge of the Equities business process flows and how this corresponds to the application and process interdependencies in the application infrastructure will be beneficial
- Ability to adapt, multitask and work dynamically in a time sensitive environment with flexibility on supporting the weekend task on rotational basis
- Independent and quick thinker to adapt quickly to the production support model
- Ability to Troubleshoot and resolve trading / business enquiries within the set SLA with necessary follow-ups and review actions.
- Have knowledge of ITIL concepts and experience in managing Critical Production Incident and understanding of Incident and problem management lifecycle