|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Kmart Group
The Kmart Group is comprised of Kmart and Target, Catch, ANKO and the Kmart Group Asia sourcing business. It was formed as the Department Stores Division in February 2016 and rebranded to the Kmart Group in November 2018. The division operates 520 stores across Australia and New Zealand and employs more than 44,000 team members.
You’ll be joining a dynamic team with a fantastic culture where diversity is openly celebrated, and you’ll be challenged and supported to achieve personal and business goals. Expect a work environment that is highly collaborative, fast-paced, inclusive and progressive - with no two days the same! Our values – Think Customer, Take Care, Live Integrity, Grow Together and Reach Higher will resonate with you deeply and you’ll enjoy being part of a growing, iconic Australian business that has a fantastic culture that is non-hierarchical, diverse and inclusive.
What we’re looking for?
A unique opportunity has arisen for motivated and results orientated individuals to join Kmart Group (representing both Kmart Australia and Target Australia) in the role of Indigenous Employment Advisor based in Victoria. Reporting in to the Head of Diversity and Inclusion we have available our Melbourne based role to work closely with Indigenous Communities in building talent pipelines within our retail stores network.
Our vision for reconciliation is an Australia that affords equal opportunities to all. We will ensure that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people feel welcome in our businesses as team members, customers, suppliers and visitors. We are excited to be launching an Indigenous Employment Parity Initiative (EPI) across Kmart Group supporting team member placement across Kmart and Target stores.
To ensure the success of this initiative we are looking to complete our team, the key responsibilities of the role will include
- Working with local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, and our key partners to proactively identify and support Indigenous candidates
- Collaborating with our businesses to build cultural safety, education and sustained success for Indigenous team members
- Maintaining of accurate records in relation to our EPI program including candidate referrals, employment placements, ongoing employment status and training opportunities
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and EPI contractual requirements
To be successful in this role, you will ideally possess the following skills and experience;
- Proven experience connecting and working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities in Victoria and Tasmania
- Experience in employment programs, including recruitment and retention, among Indigenous communities
- An ability to build rapport, motivate and positively influence others
- Strong attention to detail and time management capabilities
- Proven experience in interpreting, analysing and communicating data
- Those with retail and/or operations experience would be considered highly desirable
This role requires some regional and interstate travel so flexibility to be available for this to be a consideration when applying for this role. The successful applicant must have the right to work in Australia, a current Driver’s License and a Working with Children Check (or will be required to undergo one).
You will be afforded autonomy and accountability in your role and have access to development opportunities across both Kmart and the Wesfarmers Group, excellent remuneration, inclusion in company bonus scheme & access to Wesfarmers share plan (both for eligible team members), free parking and benefits program including a discount card for Kmart, Target and Officeworks.
At Kmart we committed to fostering an inclusive and safe culture, which reflects the diversity in the communities in which we operate. We are committed to the development of our team members and ensuring that all are treated fairly and with respect. We encourage applications from all candidates irrespective of your gender, ethnicity, Indigeneity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
Candidates interested in this position should apply directly to this advertisement as we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies.
“We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant”