|Job Type:||Full Time|
Assistant Category Manager - Pet
About the Role
Plan and execute the category strategy by ensuring that the category has a strong customer focussed promotional strategy, pricing hierarchy, merchandising plan.
Support the buying team to deliver a range that is better for customers, simple to execute and enhances the customer perception of our value, quality & range. By doing so delivering to target and sales, profit, market share & voice of customer objectives.
- Plan, develop and execute category level promotional activity that is reflective of the category role, that are effective with the right depth, frequency, margin mix and funding that is within the promotional strategy guidelines
- Create and amend supplier strategy to manage the correct level of competitive tension across suppliers that results in increased category growth, customer value and sales and profit and market share for Woolworths
- Event creation and coordination to drive the category through stakeholder engagement.
- Manage and adhere to all gates on the following critical paths: Events, Promotional Planning, Merchandise planning, NPD
- Deliver on Sales and Profit Budget Targets, Margin % rate & Market Share
- Build strong relationships and partnerships with suppliers to deliver the best value for customers and Woolworth’s, being the preferred customer
We are looking for our next superstar with the following skills and experience:
- Proven buying experience in a large supermarket/ FMCG environment
- Demonstrate a depth of understanding with respect to the assigned category; including product performance, market share, competitors, price and promotion, suppliers, category trends and customer insight
- Success in developing and executing a clear customer focused Category Plan that is aligned to the overarching divisional strategy and based on sound commercial insights / data
- A strong background and demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence with cross functional and external stakeholders at all levels across the business
- A passion for product and product development and at the forefront of innovation and continuous improvement
- A reputation as an outstanding leader, influencer and deliverer of exceptional results
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of the requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
Want to hear more? Apply via www.wowcareers.com.au or alternatively connect with us on Linkedin for further information #Work180