|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
What You'll Do
Network Consulting Engineer (NCE) is a critical customer-facing role tasked with delivering our customers’ business outcomes across the life cycle of Plan/Build/Operate functions. This role is also critical in maximizing customer loyalty, satisfaction through the Cisco services delivery value proposition. As a technical delivery representative for the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organisation with our clients, the candidate will be expected to have solid technical acumen in Cisco’s core networking technology. In this role you would be involved in below:
- Technical design, analysis and remediation of customer network environments.
- Lead design workshop(s) and conduct detailed design of complex networks for green field as well as migration of existing production networks to new environments.
- Work extensively with customers, Cisco account teams and CX resources in developing a strategy to fix potential gaps and propose advanced solutions or services.
- Assure that the most complex customer network problems across a broad range of technologies are properly and quickly resolved to minimise the business impact.
- Act as a focal point for critical network problem resolution. Ability to Identify and communicate network issues to the customer at varied management levels.
- Build simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues.
- Generate configuration files for network deployments aligned with testing and validation processes.
- Collaborate actively with other NCE’s and technology teams to ensure optimal use of resources to meet customer needs.
- Generate reusable Intellectual Capital in the form of standard customer deliverables.
- Lead and work on projects that are strategic, of high visibility, and involve highly complex emerging technologies and solution integration requirements.
- Develop proactive network analysis reports and periodic software recommendations.
- Conduct regular audits of customer networks to highlight potential areas for improvements.
Who You'll Work With
CX is a team of extraordinary technical experts whose #1 focus is to deliver premier customer experience. We help take on the toughest business challenges with network-centric solutions that accelerate customer and partner success and dedication. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores.
The team pursues the most difficult technical issues for the entire range of Cisco technologies. Our engineers are among the most competent in the business and a significant number of them are CCIEs. Our work is deeply significant and multifaceted, and our customers depend on us to solve sophisticated issues and keep their networks humming. You will have an opportunity to lead, influence and challenge our robust teams.
Who You Are:
- Strong knowledge and expertise of below Cisco’s products and technologies is must :
- Cisco Products : Cisco ASR routers, Cisco CRS Routers, Nexus, 6500, ISR routers, Enterprise switches, Cisco 7000 series routers, NCS 6000
- Technologies : LAN Switching, Layer 2 WAN technologies, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IP/MPLS, QOS, Traffic engineering, Multicast, QOS, Layer2/3 VPNs , IPv6, Metro Ethernet services, VPLS, VPRN on a hybrid network comprising of Cisco and competitive platforms.
- Hands-on experience in installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting and/or network solutions.
- Data Centre and Data Center Interconnect experience is good to have.
- Experience in conducting customer workshops, high level and low-level network design.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
- Strong client-facing skills to include multi-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering.
- Cisco certifications (CCIE, CCNA,CCNP) as appropriate in relevant technologies plus 8 -12 years of related experience in the IT industry.
- Passionate, persuasive and enthusiastic team member with the curiosity to learn, work in a fast-paced changing environment and evolve continuously to keep pace with Cisco’s solutions and technologies.
- High-level, analytical reasoning and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to convert thoughts to real and pragmatic execution.
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We Are Cisco.