|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Daily Banking team is growing and eagerly seeking an experienced Tech Lead to come on board. Internally this is known as a “Chapter Lead”. Reporting to the Tribe’s IT Area Lead, you’ll play a key role in the continual advancement of our agile engineering practices. Joining a supportive and growing team, you will be responsible for delivering innovative products and uplifting the teams' capabilities.
You’ll contribute to the implementation of the IT strategy of your domain, and champion effective adoption of the continuous delivery methodology. You’ll lead by example and coach others to develop and automate the testing of robust code that is scalable and resilient.
If you are proficient in running projects and also a great people manager, this is a great opportunity
What are you going to do? You’ll be…
- Building full-stack testing solutions, implementing and reviewing disaster recovery processes for your squad and tribe’s assets
- Engineering solutions which are robust, reusable and efficient while leveraging the best in testing practices to delivery working software
- Creating a culture in which employees take responsibility, help each other to be successful and remain a step ahead
- Taking the lead in self-development by staying abreast of industry trends and sharing your knowledge with your colleagues
- Coaching and mentoring other engineers and chapter members
- Encourage engineers to become multi skilled in order to limit the number of roles and handovers
- Making pragmatic design decisions, championing continuous improvement and leading in the adoption of agile practice, methodologies and attitudes
What are we looking for? You’ll have…
- At least 5 years in development/software engineering (Java, SQL server and micro-services) and experience working within Agile organisations
- Strong experience with technical leadership of software applications / projects with demonstrated stakeholder and people management skills
- A continuous delivery mindset / DevOps at scale
- Demonstrated experience and proficient understanding of tools across full software delivery lifecycle, e.g. IDE, source control, CI, test, mocking, work tracking, defect management, etc
- An understanding of varied testing practices such as TDD/BDD, PACT, chaos engineering
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell or Bash
- Good understanding of software design principles and patterns
- Exposure to cloud technologies and automation
At ING, we want to make life simpler and more worthwhile - for everyone who banks with us, for the people who work with us, and the community at large, too.
When you come to work at ING, you're joining a team where individuality isn't just accepted, it's encouraged. We've built a culture that's fun, friendly and supportive - it's the kind of place where you can be yourself and make the most of whatever you have to offer.
We give people the freedom to take risks, think differently, take ownership of their work, and make great things happen. We're here to help you get ahead. And with our global network, there's plenty of scope to take your career in new directions, perhaps even ones you've never considered.
People of all ages, sexual orientations, cultures and backgrounds are welcome to apply - likewise if you're living with a disability, or you have family or caring responsibilities.
Sound like the kind of place you'd feel at home? We'd love to hear from you. Apply today!
ING operates a direct sourcing model and doesn’t accept any agency submissions