|Job Type:||Full Time|
Note: This is a 12 month fixed-term contract role. Applicants must have authorization to work in Australia.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience working in a strategy consulting, corporate operations or similar position.
- Strategy and analytical experience.
- Experience working with and supporting executive level stakeholders.
- Experience with complex operational topics and strategy implementation with hands-on engagement style.
- Developed executive presence and demonstrated influencing skills.
- Effective business judgment and project management skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
About the job
The Business Strategy & Operations organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with effective day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
As a Strategy and Operations Manager for Google Australia and New Zealand, you'll be responsible for leading, supporting and project managing a diverse range of strategy projects and initiatives that are key to the future of Google’s business in both markets. Projects will range from critical regulatory issues to strategic growth areas. You will engage and coordinate closely with the Country Manager, cross-functional leadership team (Policy, Marketing, PR & Communications, Legal) and a large range of Google’s global, regional and local teams.
The Go-to-Market Operations (GtM) team ensures Google's complex and ever-evolving Ads business runs smoothly. We are instrumental in setting go-to-market strategy, and ensuring flawless execution and operations against the strategy. We have teams embedded in each of the major Ads business areas as well as global teams that work across the business areas. Team members are analytical and strategic, with a pragmatic sense of how to get things done.
- Set a strategy and lead ongoing program management for major strategic projects, in partnership with the cross-functional leadership team and a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Define country strategic priorities (in partnership with the Country Manager and cross-functional leadership team) and develop execution plans which involve multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Support strategic initiatives with structure, sound strategy methodology, data analytics and insights.
- Provide operational and strategic management updates and support the operations of the Australian and New Zealand businesses and management agendas.
- Facilitate the strategy development and communication process with executives across all levels.