|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Technology enhances your life - your job should too. We firmly believe this within the Microsoft Stores organization. We are the face of Microsoft’s cutting-edge devices and services, designed to provide customers - consumer and commercial - with world-class products and experiences.
The Microsoft Store has become one of the largest worldwide retailers of Microsoft products and is poised for significant growth in the next five years. To fuel our continued growth, we are seeking a Category Manager who will lead the Xbox, OEM PC and Connected Life categories. This individual will be accountable for product assortment line logic, go to market pricing decisions, seasonal promotion strategy, top line revenue and gross margin.
If you are someone who enjoys making data driven decisions, staying up-to-date on the latest trends in the consumer electronics industry, and thrives in a highly collaborative and customer-obsessed environment, then the Microsoft Stores Category Management Team is the right place for you!
What our team offers:
At our core, we are a team that encourages a diverse & inclusive culture. We are respectful, collaborative, honest, accountable, and caring. The right candidate can expect to have opportunities to grow their own experience and career while influencing our internal and external product and component suppliers on what Microsoft brings to market in the hardware space.
What I’ll do for you:
- Support who you are as your authentic self.
- Make career development a consistent priority.
- Celebrate your wins and recognize your accomplishments.
- Help you gain new experiences and build upon your strengths.
- Coach you to work on your areas of improvement.
How you can make an impact:
- Deliver on annual and quarterly revenue and gross margin commitments.
- Increase category profitability by negotiating contract terms, improving inventory sell through and minimizing operational costs.
- Rethink the category strategy with a digital-first approach. Position Microsoft Stores as the destination to discover, learn and buy Microsoft and third-party products.
- Use your collaboration, innovation, and business skills to evolve our relationships with partners and find new categories of business and growth.
- Drive new co-marketing initiatives that excite customers and contribute to incremental revenue.
- Foster a culture of inclusion as you partner with stakeholders, lead cross-functional meetings, and interact with colleagues outside of Stores.
- Category Strategy: Accountable for the Xbox, OEM PC and Connected Life assortment strategy, including product line logic, price and promotion plans and marketplace differentiation based on market analysis, intuition and prior results and learnigns.
- Financial Management: P&L management. Drive results to achieve margin & revenue targets.
- Partner Relationships: Day-to-day business leader who negotiates with internal partners from the Xbox BG and external partners like HP, Razer and Audio brands. Conducts contract and assortment funding negotiations. Develops and enhances long-term relationships & strategic partnerships.
- Collaboration: Leader of internal cross-functional team who sets the strategy and partners with colleagues across the company to achieve financial goals.
- Business Acumen: Evaluate the effectiveness of assortment, pricing and programs. Gather qualitative feedback and leverage industry trends and macroeconomic trends to make strategic business decisions.
- 5+ years of Category management or retail merchandising/ product buying experience.
- 2+ years of experience making data driven decision, influencing a P&L and/or leading strategic partnerships.
- Proven determination, work ethic and drive for results with integrity
- Great communicator and data driven storyteller
- High attention to detail
- Passionate about product
- Analytical problem solving
- Strong multinational stakeholder management
- Experienced negotiator
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong interpersonal skillsp
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.