Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The role of the Alliance Business Development Leader for the Area will be responsible for partnering with the Area Alliance Leader to facilitate the pursuit of new business, maintaining existing business, and coaching EY teams in developing relationships at key buying influences which can include the “C Suite” level.
- Originate deal flow from Alliance Partner field around Service Now/IBM opportunities
- Respond to requests to support opportunities from region Field of Play leaders (FOP) and SL practice leaders
- Develop and deploy FOP/account level/regional BD strategy working with alliance GTM Leader and alliance relationship director
- Initiate deal pursuit with FOP leader, and transition pursuit to account CE/ appropriate SL EP to drive deal to closure
- Participate in alliance deal reviews and maintain alliance tagged pipeline in EY financial systems
- Understand key messages from practice and FOP leaders and effectively communication back to partner field sales force
- Where requested, provide support to FOPs, Alliance GTM Leader and Alliance relationship director for account planning within EY so that alliance targets are disseminated through regions, sectors and SLs to accounts (especially G360 accounts)
- Drive joint account planning w/ alliance partner at target accounts and execute local QBRs in coordination with GTM Leaders
- Execute targeted sales campaigns for agreed alliance priority campaigns
- CE Dashboard will be used to capture alliance CE alignment to opportunities. CE sales credit allocation will follow standard firm methodology as defined within the dashboard
- Dashboard metrics reviewers will be Alliance GTM Leader, relevant region SSA Lead, relevant FOP Leaders, and administrative manager
- Alliance CE dashboard metrics will be set to aggressively grow the business
Your key responsibilities
This position has responsibility for: 1) Alliance BD Strategy and deployment 2) Together with the Area Alliance Leader manage the strategic relationship with our strategic Alliance partners 3) pursuit excellence, pursuit methodologies and tools across the firm 4) Innovative services related to Alliances 5) and the administration required to support practice management, pipeline accuracy, leveraging available resources to bring the firm’s best thinking and resources to improve win rates and ultimately win in the market. 6) This role will have responsibility for leading the Alliance business development community.
Business Development strategy and deployment (30%):
- Collaborate on a yearly sales and/or account plans in alignment with the key Alliance leaders, Alliance ambitions, growth with goals, and market execution plan that aligns with Global and Area Sales Plans
- Leads all team efforts related to Alliance Business Development initiatives in terms of the firm’s objectives, global resources available, and current position in the overall competitive landscape. Creates optimal Alliance BD resource investment plan.
- Drive Alliance Business Development efforts to meet defined yearly sales goals
- Contribute to and manage the overall BD Alliance pipeline
- Make recommendations whether to pursue or decline relevant opportunities to members of firm leadership and, if declined, recommend to leadership required changes to compete effectively in the future.
- Identify must win opportunities and consult with key stakeholders to build an effective team which can meet the potential client’s objectives.
- Executes opportunity commitment, deal qualification, win/pricing strategy with our people and with our select accounts and pursuits.
- Drive expected margin levels.
- Participates or leads key alliance focused external events and meetings- Entrepreneur of the Year (EOY), Strategic Growth Forum (SGF),etc.
- Lead pursuit strategy to properly position the firm’s thought leadership, global capabilities, resources, and overall credentials to positively distinguish firm from competitors.
- Consult with key stakeholders and devise key messages and win themes which illustrate the strengths and benefits the team/firm brings to bear to address the client’s needs.
- Supervise, recruit , develop and/or manage other Business Development Executives focused on Alliances
- Ensure Exceptional Client Service (ECS) is incorporated in all external and internal encounters
- Drive ECS by utilizing EY’s sales methodologies, tools and enablers
- Proactively share relevant insights
- Driving select pursuits, integration and pull-through on top-end opportunities where applicable
- Serves as client facing sales lead on the most strategic and impactful designated opportunities in the Alliance area.
- Leverages and shares alliance trends, industry issues, and competitive intelligence
- Oversees all Alliance relationship management practices
- Serve as a value proposition leader and help evaluate business issues and service responses required to meet potential clients’ needs.
- Consult with key stakeholders to develop Voters Matrix, Miller Heiman Blue Sheet, Calendar of Events and contact list of potential client’s decision makers.
- Provide regular updates on pursuit progress to firm leadership.
- Engage all relevant EY resources to improve account penetration and win rates.
- Develop closing and negotiation strategy with the bid team.
Alliance and Innovative Services (25%):
- Drive Alliance offerings through the distribution channels: Market Segments and Service Lines.
- Develop and implement communication and education to internal stakeholders (e.g. Partners, G360 and Regional Service Line BDLs)
Additional Activities (10%):
- Support practice management
- Pipeline updates, reporting and predictive responsibilities
- Leverage and direct available resources.
- Educate other BD professionals on relevant Alliance sales methodologies, materials, thought leadership, etc.
- Lead and/or participate in additional projects needed to move the function forward
- Other duties as required
- Build the brand for Alliance Business Development in everything we do.
- Identify operational improvement opportunities and propose solutions on an on-going basis.
- Act as change agent for new business processes and procedures.
- Attend and lead relevant BD or leadership meetings and contribute to development of Business Development initiatives.
This role has direct responsibility to recruit, coach and/or supervise other Business Development Executives. This role is expected to influence multiple key stakeholders in multiple countries to achieve objectives. This role will have direct responsibility for coaching personnel related to Alliance offerings and will be expected to inspire others through action in the marketplace. The performance of the Leader is measured by the attainment of established personal/group goals and objectives. This role will operate with considerable autonomy.