|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft envisions a world where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envisioning what can be and taking their careers places they simply couldn’t anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky’s-the-limit thinking – a cloud-enabled world.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
We are looking for someone to lead cloud migration, modernisation and innovation engagements with some of our most strategic customers in our Corporate segment, extending the value Azure can bring beyond lift and shift by leveraging modern application development, CICD and data driven application innovation.
You will be a trusted advisor and a cloud migration, modernisation and innovation subject matter expert. You will drive engagement with stakeholders both in and outside IT. You will be seen as the leader of your virtual team responsible for resource management and execution across technical, partner and consulting resources to help innovate with your customers at a business and technical level, demonstrate and prove our solutions, to win the cloud platform decision.
Accountabilities for this role include:
- A significant requirement of the role is being the key cloud innovation leader, trusted advisor and influencer in shaping customer decisions to buy, architect and adopt Application Modernization, Cloud Native apps and Application Platform solutions. You will lead and challenge the customer with clear strategic vision of digital transformation. You will own winning the commercial and technical decision at customers for sales engagements and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our platform differentiation, and guiding them in decision making. You will lead presentations, demonstrations, workshops, architecture design sessions, proof of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful. You will lead to clear commercial, technical, competitive and security blockers to accelerate Azure Application innovation and customer usage. You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, social connection tools, and AI driven data to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs.
- Building on the above, you would drive cloud native application development opportunities by demonstrating subject matter expertise in the application innovation space including web, mobile, serverless, containers, microservices, Application Platform etc. and by positioning Azure as the platform of choice. You would help drive cognitive & AI capabilities that add intelligence & competitive differentiation to applications. You will be a vital connection and orchestration point for a variety of technical resources, by orchestrating complex solutions with internal and external partners for multiple Microsoft products and services and help identify and diagnose technical, architectural, and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers and helping ensure that these solutions are implemented.
- Another key aspect to this role is influencing the Microsoft Application Modernization, Cloud Native apps and Application Platform go to market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers you encounter. Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions. You will stay sharp, share your knowledge and learn practices from others. You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership and leadership from every employee, and we encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness.
Executive Presence. The ability to articulate the advantages of Microsoft technologies to C-Level and senior business decision makers
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, product demo, written, and verbal communication skills
- Able to work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales & services field, Microsoft partners, and Microsoft corporate sales, engineering, and marketing
- 5+ years of related experience in solution selling (sales, pre-sales and/or consulting roles)
- Cloud Applications. Broad knowledge of and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and architecture in the Cloud Native, Web and Mobile applications with experience in containers, serverless, Azure Application Platform, hybrid cloud app dev and management.
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following would be preferred:
- Scalable architectures the cloud native services from the Azure Application Platform (AKS, ARO, Arc for Kubernetes, API Management, Functions, etc).
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jira, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub).
- Cloud Trust. Knowledge of security, privacy, compliance and how they factor into cloud and hybrid solutions
- Planning for success. Understand cloud deployment and adoption planning
- Technology breadth. Enterprise-scale experience with cloud app dev, architecture designs, migrations and management of technology
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.