|Job Type:||Full Time|
Keolis Downer is Australia's largest private multi-modal operator with 20+ years of local presence with Southlink and LinkSA. We support 250 million passenger journeys annually in Australia.
Keolis Downer is committed to providing the highest quality of Rolling Stock Services in the local SA and greater Australian markets. This is a great time to join an industry leader who has built a trusted reputation on the quality of service and further develop your career in the Adelaide Rail Transformation Program.
Join the team in the role of Network Operations Supervisor and play a pivotal part in ensuring our client facing team is well optimised and utilised each and every day.
- Possessing a Certificate in Business, Logistics, Planning or similar; or substantial operational experience in a rail transport or logistic organisation is Desirable
- Extensive knowledge and experience within a rail operations environment/rail industry and with application of the requirements of Rail Safety legislation
- Demonstrated knowledge of Rail Safety National Law (SA) 2012, WH&S Act & Regulations and associated Government legislation, policies, practices and operations, and risk, quality and safety management principles and systems
- Successful completion of AMPRN rules and procedures training is a mandatory requirement for your success in this role is highly desirable
- Qualifications and a thorough understanding of Rail Safe Working rules and procedures is an essential preemployment requirement
- Demonstrate commitment and accountability to the requirements of the Work Health and Safety Act 2012, utilising AS/NZS ISO31000:2009 Risk Management or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership and supervision of work groups within an operational business environment
- Proven ability to work independently under broad direction, plan activities and set priorities to achieve objectives, and utilise effective analytical and problem-solving skills in the investigation of issues and making appropriate recommendations for resolution.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English, and legally entitled to live and work in SA
- Must possess a current, valid and unrestricted Australian Drivers Licence
As the Network Operations Supervisor you will be required to deliver effective and efficient public transport service including:
- Providing leadership and direction in the day-to-day management and rapid response to incidents on the Train Network and providing compliance with all rail safety requirements as determined by Rail Safety National Law, specifically in regard to safe working rules, procedures and incident management
- Applying safe working rules and procedures as required to ensure the safety of train movements including the provision of track protection activities for rolling stock maintenance staff or recovery teams during both planned and unplanned disruptions
- In this role you will be required to work shift work in accordance with a seven (7) day roster including morning, night, weekend and public holiday shifts
- Liaising with a range of internal and external customers, including service providers, contractors and members of the public
- Providing incident and disruption management across train networks including providing direction and supervision of all staff, emergency services and contractors involved in incident management at an incident site, including the evacuation of members of the public from rolling stock and premises
- Providing expert advice and recommendations to all areas of the train system on improvements of incident performance through review of practices and conducting debrief sessions after any major incidents / service disruptions
- Planning and conducting incident management and service recovery activities, implementing emergency safe work arrangements and site protection and assisting with the development of incident management and business continuity training plans
- Implementing and applying procedures and instructions for incident management-based activities using relevant experience, knowledge and judgement while maintaining standards of work quality and compliance with regulations, codes and specifications
- Actively participating in the identification and implementation of strategies to control risks including reporting notifiable occurrences and environmental incidents
- Contributing to a safe, diverse and healthy work environment free from discrimination and harassment by working in accordance with legislative requirements
- Demonstrated experience in utilising high-level communication and successful negotiation skills with a broad range of people at all levels.
- Proven ability to work in highly stressful emergency and high-pressure conditions and able to exercise considerable scope in applying initiative to make timely and accurate decisions.
- Extensive knowledge and experience within a rail operations environment/rail industry and with application of the requirements of Rail Safety Legislation
What we offer:
- A highly supportive, team environment
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- An opportunity to work as part of a new and growing team within a project environment
- Full – time Permanent role based in Adelaide
This new opportunity will have you be a part of the Operations and Service Delivery team as we work together to ensure that we provide the best Operational solutions so that we can ensure the smooth operation of the Metropolitan Adelaide train network. Your role will allow Keolis Downer to operate and bring forth a world class service to the people of SA and will have the benefits of high exposure and potential growth opportunities that come with a success job well done.
To apply hit “apply now” or contact Anita via e-mail: email@example.com
*Note: Only applications submitted and completed in full, through the online vacancies will be considered. Keolis Downer does not accept applications via email. *