|Job Type:||Full Time|
Keolis Downer is Australia's largest private multi-modal operator with 20+ years of local presence with Southlink and LinkSA. We support 250 million passenger journeys annually in Australia.
Keolis Downer is committed to providing the highest quality of Rolling Stock Services in the local SA and greater Australian markets. This is a great time to join an industry leader who has built a trusted reputation on the quality of service and further develop your career in the Adelaide Rail Transformation Program.
Join the team in the role of Network Controller and play a pivotal part in ensuring our client facing team is well optimised and utilised each and every day.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working within a rail operations environment, with demonstrated experience in management and coordination of response and recovery activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of Rail Safety National Law (SA) 2012, WH&S Act & Regulations and associated Government legislation, policies, practices and operations, and risk, quality and safety management principles and systems is highly desirable
- Knowledge of contract management with ability to understand franchise commitment deliverables
- Knowledge of change management and continuous improvement practices
- Knowledge of public transport, asset management and project delivery environments
- Qualifications in Rail Safe Working rules and procedures is preferred not essential
- Tertiary qualifications (degree in business or equivalent) are highly advantageous with Post-graduate qualifications being desirable
- Proven experience in face to face customer service or information provision in a customer centric environment
- Experience in strategy formulation and business planning together with experience in business performance reporting
- Proven ability to work independently under broad direction, plan activities and set priorities to achieve objectives, and utilise effective analytical and problem-solving skills in the investigation of issues and making appropriate recommendations for resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain concentration for extended periods on tasks, with high attention to detail
- Ensuring all communications is in accordance with established protocols and are conducted in a professional manner, including providing accurate, clear and consistent direction in the application of safe working rules, procedures and instructions
- Well-developed communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively at all levels in a professional and tactful manner, both in writing and verbally; listen to staff, service providers and customers; and formulate solutions to problems
- Work collaboratively with team members to deliver work and contribute to the evaluation of service performance objectives
As the Network Controller you will be required to:
- Maintain the delivery of an effective and safe train service through the regulation, control and monitoring of all train movements in accordance with service agreements, working timetables and operational plans
- Managing day-to-day and long-term data requirements for timetable selection and allocation for the computerised control system, including updating and maintaining daily changes to train running information for operational needs and special events
- Manage the Passenger Information and Database Management System (DBMS) using the WestRol & Netspire systems
- Manage day to day access to infrastructure in the rail corridor for construction and maintenance activities in accordance with relevant policies and procedures
- Ability to exercise sound analytical and research skills to evaluate information, provide advice and communications, to develop clear correspondence/reports with recommendations
- Managing and controlling the movement of all trains and track vehicles over the rail system in accordance with safe working rules, procedures, instructions and interface agreements
- Ensuring railcar data logs and video evidence are preserved in relation to any incidents that may require investigation; and
- Managing trains and track maintenance vehicles to ensure that route suitability and safety integrity is maintained on areas of track where rollingstock type restrictions / limitations are imposed on short- or long-term basis
- Applying train management strategies to minimise the flow-on impact of any delays through the effective use of the computerised control computer system
- Contributing to a safe, diverse and healthy work environment free from discrimination and harassment by working in accordance with legislative requirements
- Demonstrated experience in utilising high-level communication and successful negotiation skills with a broad range of people at all levels.
- Proven ability to work in highly stressful emergency and high-pressure conditions and able to exercise considerable scope in applying initiative to make timely and accurate decisions.
- Extensive knowledge and experience within a rail operations environment/rail industry and with application of the requirements of Rail Safety Legislation
- Requirements to work Shift Work in accordance with a 7day roster including morning, night, weekends and public holidays
What we offer:
- A highly supportive, team environment
- Competitive remuneration with on-going training and support
- An opportunity to work as part of a new and growing team within a project environment
- Full-Time Permanent role based in Dry Creek, Adelaide
This new opportunity will have you be a part of the Operations and Service Delivery team as we work together to ensure that we provide the best Operational solutions so that we can ensure the smooth operation of the Metropolitan Adelaide train network. Your role will allow Keolis Downer to operate and bring forth a world class service to the people of SA and will have the benefits of high exposure and potential growth opportunities that come with a success job well done.
To apply hit “apply now” or contact Anita via e-mail: email@example.com
*Note: Only applications submitted and completed in full, through the online vacancies will be considered. Keolis Downer does not accept applications via email. *