Last updated 1 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices.
Atlassian’s Associate Product Manager (APM) internship program is designed to start growing ambitious, creative all-rounders into the next generation of global leaders.
Expect to be empowered to do your best work, thanks to the finely honed combination of autonomy and support that our APM Program is known for. You’ll play a crucial role in solving urgent problems for our customers, while paired with an experienced mentor that will support you in understanding the ins and outs of Product Management.
Every APM intern gets to work on projects that are important to Atlassian, like building features for brand new products, brainstorming high-impact ideas, and running experiments to improve the customer experience. You’ll get a feel for life as a Product Manager, while also getting a close look into what it’s like to be a full-time member of our APM Program when you graduate. Most importantly, the APM internship is 12 weeks spent doing real work with us, as a respected member of the team.
On top of that, you’ll also enjoy the opportunity to meet with industry leaders from inside and outside of the company (past speakers include Mike Cannon-Brookes, Jason Fried, and Marty Cagan), along with past and present APMs. We promise you'll never be bored!
Applicants must be able to commit to a 12 week full-time (38hrs / week) internship from late November 2021 until late February 2022 (in case your course timeline does not allow for a placement during this timeframe, we may be able to provide flexibility).
Applicants must also have Australian citizenship, Australian Permanent Residency or NZ citizenship at time of application.
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program you’ll graduate from by December 2022. This role is only open to penultimate (second last) year students.
- Have strong communication skills, with a style that’s both clear and empathetic
- Have a passion for building products, talking to customers about their needs, and analysing market dynamics
- Be able to think from multiple perspectives, balancing the needs of stakeholders while also considering the big picture
It's great but not required if you have;
- Entrepreneurial experience in any domain
- Internship experience in software, consulting, or investment banking
- Experience building software, either through programming yourself or working closely with engineers
- An understanding of what makes for great design, either through designing products yourself or working closely with designers
- Experience collaborating with others on complex decisions in the face of ambiguity
Find out more about our APM program at www.atlassian.com/apm
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.