Last updated 15 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices.
Do you live and breathe the user experience? Do you love solving tough problems, and thrive on variety? Atlassian is currently seeking interns to join our growing Research team in Sydney.
More about our team
You'll be joining a team that is smart and very direct. We challenge each other constantly to improve our work, learn, and ask hard questions. We're dedicated to agile methodology and are big believers in lean' (which means we don't do documentation for documentation's sake). We know the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to figure out whether we're right (or wrong). Our bottom line is improving our user's experience no matter what.
Applicants must have Australian citizenship, Australian Permanent Residency or NZ citizenship at time of application.
As a Research Intern at Atlassian, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Work on a variety of research methodologies from qualitative to quantitative, and work across the entire research lifecycle.
- Be a part of an international and highly skilled research team - an extremely rare opportunity in Sydney.
- Gain valuable exposure to the design and product development process by working with multidisciplinary agile teams, including product managers, designers and engineers.
- Get experience with the operations of scaling research in a fast-paced, international organisation
On your first day, we'll expect the following;
- Commitment to a 12 week full-time (40hrs / week) internship from late November 2021 until late February 2022 ( We may be able to flex on this slightly if your course timetable does not allow for a 12 week placement during this timeframe).
- Be currently enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters, or PhD program and graduating by January 2023.
- Have a real passion for user-centred design
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team
- Have demonstrated some experience conducting and analysing research
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.