At Qube, we recognise that our people are our most important asset and are the engine that drives our organisation, playing a vital role in ensuring our business achieve our objectives and deliver on our commitments.
We believe that attracting the right people, maximising their contribution, and rewarding performance is vital for success. By choosing to work at Qube you will be choosing to work at the largest integrated provider of import and export logistics services in Australia with a market capitalization in excess of $3.75 billion as at 30 June 2018. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce of over 6,500 employees and contractors.
Qube Logistics operates across 48 sites nationally, covering over 210 hectares of land with 2 corporate administrative offices based in Melbourne and Sydney. Over 3,000 employees support these operations with qualified and experienced staff across all services offered.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Container Repairer / Welder to assist with our North Fremantle Operations.
About the role
Role Location: North Fremantle, Western Australia
Role Type: Casual
- Conducts safety checks on compactors and containers.
- Utilising Oxyacelylene Cutter to cut through containers and metal sheets
- Load/Unload assembly parts and/or materials from containers
- Replacing wooden flooring in containers
- Performs regular container inspections
- Performs minor repairs and applies basic welding processes
- Cleaning containers with a high pressure hose
- Opening and closing containers
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections, diagnostic and repairs of electronic and hydraulic systems
- Complete all necessary associated documentation
- Take good care of containers under your care
- Ensure compliance with all safety requirements.
- Maintain a clean an safe working area
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 years container welding experience
- Boiler maker / Welder / Container Repairer experience
- Familiar with container repair terminology
- Have onsite experience welding large and small containers
- Ability to work autonomously using proactive approach to task resolution
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in a demanding environment
- Ability to work well within a small team environment
- Regular Drug and Alcohol testing conducted
- Must be fit for work with a good level of fitness and general health
A licence history printout required as well as a full functional pre-employment medical assessment.
Qube recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected on their unique strengths and characteristics.
Qube is proud to be a WORK180 endorsed Employer for Women. if you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here https://qube.com.au/.
If you want to invest in your future apply now and we will help you reach your full potential.