|Location:||New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
About Laing O’Rourke
Laing O’Rourke is a $6 billion international operation with over 50 years of involvement in Australian construction and infrastructure including more than a decade under the Laing O’Rourke banner. We are currently delivering some of Australia’s most exciting projects across the transport, building construction, defence, airports, mining, civil and social infrastructure sectors. Laing O’Rourke is committed to becoming the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry. Laing O’Rourke is proud to hold the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) Citation - Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
About the role
We are currently seeking an Environmental Manager to join our More Trains More Services project based in Thirroul or Wollongong.
Laing O’Rourke encourages a flexible working environment, with the opportunity to work from site and home 50/50.
- Lead environmental management for the project/bid, including leadership of direct reports, and have key interface with design, engineering and procurement.
- Other key responsibilities include implementation of the project environmental management plan, and ensure compliance with the Laing O'Rourke's environmental management system.
- You will be proficient in planning for and management of sub consultants and be able to efficiently coordinate complex technical matters to support project schedules.
- A relevant degree in environmental engineering, planning or science
- Ideally 10+ years' experience in environmental engineering and management
- Several years' experience leading an environmental function on large-scale projects
- You will have strong knowledge of a wide range of environmental and heritage aspects as they relate to urban locations, including noise and vibration, contaminated land/groundwater, and civil earthworks issues
- You will have strong communication, leadership, influencing and report-writing skills, and ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders
We work hard to create an environment that brings out the best in our people. We believe in building careers through providing a safe, connected and innovative culture that supports ongoing growth and development. We offer industry-leading benefits such as specialised learning and development programs, a mental health and wellbeing program, industry leading paid parental leave policy, family friendly work practices, additional purchased leave option and coaching programs for staff on parental leave.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diverse society in which we live and work. We recognise the increasing importance of flexible work arrangements and family friendly work practices to enable and maintain a diverse, adaptive and high performing workforce.
As a proud RAP organisation, Laing O'Rourke is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Download our Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan at www.laingorourke.com
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.