|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced Assurance, Risk Management or Audit professional who is looking to join a bold challenger Bank!
About the Role
As our Senior Assurance Advisor, you will be responsible for end to end execution of assurance reviews in accordance with the Line 2 Assurance plan. Working collaboratively and in partnership with BoQ’s Non-Financial Risk (NFR) Team and our wider business. You will be required to conduct end to end execution of assurance reviews which includes:
- Working in partnership with the NFR Advisory team to plan and develop a scope;
- Conduct assurance reviews;
- Draw out meaningful conclusions;
- Provide accurate and timely data and communications to the business to assist in identifying and managing risks;
- Support the business in identifying actions to remediate gaps (in collaboration with NFR)
Reporting to our Senior Partner Assurance, you will play a pivotal role in providing accurate and real-time insights to key internal stakeholders within each business unit, on key operational and compliance risks and controls, frameworks and processes. In this role you will have a strong focus on advocating a customer centric risk culture by assisting in embedding an operating and engagement model with the business that sees the Operations Assurance team as a key partner to the business it supports.
- Leverage existing data sources of information (i.e. risk register, incidents, policies and procedures etc.) to conduct assurance
- Support in building out the assurance methodology, and processes that underpin the methodology
- Where applicable, provide a follow up review with the business to ensure gaps have been remediated
- Pro-actively identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Provide support to advance the maturity of the assurance landscape
- Provide support to upskill the assurance team, and Line 1, as required
- Develop, design and implement effective assurance reports to provide real-time reporting to key stakeholders
- Conduct reviews of Line 1 Control Self-Assessment (CSA) plans and outcomes
- Support in developing an Assurance Map that provides a holistic view of the assurance landscape
- Support BoQ’s Risk Culture & Engagement
With a background in Assurance, Risk Management, and/or Audit, you are a professional who has the ability to drive and influence business outcomes through your strong stakeholder engagement where you have the ability to communicate effectively to all levels.
You bring energy and passion, and are always looking to find solutions for the future. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves to work with your team to make sure that your objectives are delivered effectively.
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community where we support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.