|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Make the great outdoors your office!
- Hands on role
- Great team environment
Who we are
Programmed Property Services is a leading provider of grounds and open space maintenance services across a multitude of industries. Working with Programmed Property Services means you will become part of the Programmed family: a company that encourages career development, supports flexibility and cares about your personal wellbeing and safety.
Due to continued expansion we require an Irrigation Technician to complement our Grounds Services business operating out of Burswood Park . Supporting the team on various projects by completing maintenance, replacement, repair and installation of commercial irrigation systems.
Qualifications, Certification and Licence's required;
- Certificate III in Irrigation / Horticultural or Turf Management
- 'C' class drivers licence
- OHS General Induction for Construction (White Card)
- Mini Excavator and Forklift ticket
- Basic First Aid Certificate and Basic Traffic Management Certificate (highly desirable)
Skills and Knowledge
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team environment or able to work alone under direction
- Able to priorities work and manage own time
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Knowledge of occupational safety and health regulations and ability to work in accordance with Occupational, Safety and Health industry obligations
- Understanding of horticultural/turf maintenance practices and principles
- Able to work in either hot or inclement outdoor conditions
- Ability to keep abreast with industry trends and keen to learn new skills
- Ability to set-up traffic management controls or willing to learn
- Relevant practical experience on commercial reticulation maintenance and construction
- Experience in the maintenance and safe operation of various Parks and Garden related plant and equipment
- Relevant practical experience in landscaping / amenity horticultural industry
- Operational experience with programming central and stand-alone electrical controllers, water budgeting, hydro-zoning and design
- Extensive experience at the system fault diagnosis, maintaining valve operations, solenoids and wiring
- Experience diagnosing bore and pump faults for recommending redevelopment works of screens, columns and discharge assemblies
- Technical experience plan reading, including horizontal and vertical dimensions
- Experience in dealing with the public in a conducive manner
If you feel you meet the above requirements and seek a career in a well established and progressive company, then apply now !
- Great award weekly wages
- Provide uniforms, footwear and personal protective equipment
- Long term career potential
- Paid parental leave and great discounts with selected retailers
- An Employee Assistance Program, which incorporates a tailored wellbeing initiative
Programmed and PERSOLKELLY supports a workplace culture of zero harm and encourages this in all that we do.
Programmed and PERSOLKELLY strives for diversity, inclusion and equality of our people. We seek a workforce that is representative of the communities we work in. We encourage people of all cultures, gender, age, sexual orientation or abilities to apply.
To learn more about working with Programmed and PERSOLKELLY, we encourage you to visit our website.