|Job Type:||Full Time|
Every day, we’re all part of something bigger
Whatever the challenge, it’s a chance to connect clients with our people, process and technical excellence.
Are you ready to join the market leader in end to end asset solutions, do you have what it takes to join a winning team?
The Bid Manager’s primary purpose is to identify, lead and manage tender and proposal submissions for the east coast to ensure governance, win themes, risk management and resource loading is consistent and the best in class.
About the role;
- Managing the governance process and outcomes associated with opportunities and the management of allocated budgets to execute projects/bids
- Develop and test coordinated pursuit for key opportunities
- Manage and coordinate and test winning strategy development for bids and offers, including value propositions and win themes
- Develop and coordinate a team to ensure the tender and proposal is submitted on time, within budget and in compliance with company policy and standard procedures
- Focus on all the precontracts activities including market awareness, opportunity identification, client liaison, tender submission support and review negotiation, post tender handover or debrief
- Aligning UGL with opportunities that are linked to UGL’s strategic plan
- Keep abreast of key clients opportunities, delivery processes and strategic directions
- Review all pricing and cost build up including all fixed and variable cost elements and ensure that any norms used comply with UGL and industry standards and are competitive
- Work with the Commercial Manager to review the tender T&C’s and identify and qualify any risk elements
- Ensure that all tender risks are captured and assessed and valued and included in tender, or, where necessary, qualifications and clarifications are included.
- Ensure all third party pricing (including procurement and subcontracts) are sourced from appropriately qualified and compliant suppliers and assessed and normalised before incorporating into the tender
- Degree Qualified – Engineering, Project Management, Commerce or equivalent
- Strong exposure to the mining, oil & gas and utilities market
- Demonstrated excellence in successful bidding and business development
- Ability to build, lead and mentor high performing teams
What we offer ;
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- The chance to join a 6,000 strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world's leading international contractors
- Pathways for you to succeed and the space for you to carve your own journey
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including\: health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
What makes you right for UGL;
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- A belief that success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.