|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Systems Project Engineer
- Global leader in Rail Technology
- Perth Based
- Permanent opportunity with rewarding career opportunities
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Systems Project Engineer - to be part of the global leading AutoHaul® team managing the ongoing delivery of the world’s first automated heavy-haul long distance rail network.
This role is a great opportunity to contribute to the delivery of studies and project works, setting up processes, practices and tools. The role includes accountability for overseeing the planning and execution of engineering deliverables, typically delivered by a vendor, with a focus on achieving business outcomes.
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced Project Engineer with a systems background (preferably in rail) to join our diverse and technical team of experts. This role reports to the Principal of Governance, Planning and studies.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
- Assists with the development processes, practices and tools used to deliver studies and projects
- Manages cost, schedule and quality of the various deliverables, and across the programme of work, including reporting and updating of various communication mediums
- Assists in prioritisation of studies and projects, encompassing relevant client engagement
- Creates business cases and can assist in commercial negotiations where needed with external parties
- Actively promotes compliance with standardised processes, systems and tools
- Provides a level of technical and Project execution support to various stakeholders
What you’ll bring
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A Degree in Electrical / Systems or related field
- Experience delivering Production Critical systems
- Experience in project engineering and management of systems preferably in a Railway environment
- Experience in Engineering and Management of Signaling or railway safety systems
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams comprised of technical personnel
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Company provided insurance cover
- Extensive salary sacrifice & salary packaging options
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
- Ongoing access to family-friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- Exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more)
- Possible domestic relocation assistance
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.