|Location:||Coffs Harbour, New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
For more than 30 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customers with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
BRANCH COORDINATOR – Tweed Heads
About the role
We are seeking an experienced and team orientated, Branch Coordinator to join our team based in Tweed Heads. Applicants located or willing to relocate to or surrounding areas will be considered.
The Branch Coordinator is accountable for the ‘ownership of the customer experience’ provided by the branch to ensure effective management of all matters between the customer and the branch – including the safety and management of the branch team members, customer service and support provisions, branch performance, invoice management and ensuring quality assurance and continuous improvement requirements are adhered to as per WesTrac policy.
- Represent WesTrac as the single point of contact for the customer and provide support for your team
- Establish and maintain an effective customer relationship that promotes WesTrac as the service provider of choice
- Ensure customer approval is obtained prior to the commencement of any work or variations to scope of work as per WesTrac policy
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders as required to ensure ongoing and future customer requirements are met whilst maintaining value to WesTrac
- Review team member performance through regular meetings, formal performance reviews and coaching including acknowledging performance appropriately with constructive feedback and identification of areas for improvement
- Act as an internal point of escalation for all branch concerns and resolve branch issues as they are raised within approval levels
- Actively assist with and promote participation during Pre-Shift Instruction Meetings (PSI) and Toolbox meetings
- Ensure an appropriate training matrix and annual leave matrix is maintained to enable the maintenance of adequate resourcing levels to meet customer demand
- Provision of a Monthly Sales Forecast Report identifying issues that will prevent sales targets being achieved
- Coordinate the completion of Product Improvement Programs (PIP’s)
Skills & Experience
- Leadership qualities with the ability to build a cohesive team
- A demonstrated commitment to safety and the environment;
- Intermediate computer skills and SAP experience (desirable)
- Ability to build and maintain successful working relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Competitive salary
- Company funded income protection
- Flexible work arrangements
- Purchased leave
- Discounted private health plan
- Fitness passport
- On-boarding and welcome day at our head office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028. Job Number: 876418.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.