|Job Type:||Full Time|
Role: DevOps Sales Specialist
Location : Australia, Singapore
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Are you passionate about cutting edge technology and are you an SME when it comes to DevOps? Do you have experience with strategy and engagement around DevOps and want to help craft our GTM strategy and drive success? If you answered yes to these questions we want you at Splunk with us!
Responsibilities: I want to (and can) do that
Play an active role within the DevOps GTM leadership team
- Attend management calls/meetings/QBRs - contribute as a senior voice APAC DevOps RSM teams.
- Contribute to the go forward DevOps RSM GTM and Engagement strategy.
- Work closely and align with the DevOps Theater leader to drive success in DevOps.
- Weekly forecasts as part of the Global Forecast process.
Act as “Exec” level air cover/support and a proxy in region for DevOps exec presence with our most strategic, sophisticated and impactful accounts.
- Support the DevOps regional EBC.
- Align with DevOps GTM partners in Product Management, PMM, SE, Evangelist/Advocacy to enable effective communication of the DevOps strategy and roadmap to both Internal and External partners/customers.
Work with the Theater DevOps RSM leader to help identify, define and promote DevOps sales standard methodologies.
- Source and define patterns and trends from the DevOps RSM field work. Theaters Leaders to feed these back into sales engagement process i.e. Big Bet reviews and Account Strategy & Planning process etc.
- Understand what’s working and where gaps exist and work with Theater DevOps RSM leader to package, reuse and scale.
- Act as “Tip of the Spear” for the roll out of new engagement motions/workshops working with wider DevOps RSM team
- Document findings and recommendations gleaned from our most sophisticated DevOps engagements/deployments, so they can be scaled and packaged by the Strategist team.
- Align with Marketing and Customer Success to identify and maintain a robust framework of regional solution references.
- Stay current and across key developments and emerging trends in the DevOps domain Proactive communication of changes and competitive landscape in the domain and share this back into the DevOps RSM team, Product and Competitive Intelligence team.
Support Marketing and A&R teams for regional initiatives where required
- Support regional field marketing activities.
- Support the A&R team for regional Analyst meetings.
- Support global and regional Dev Ops PMM in developing sales and campaign messaging.
- Evangelist Contribution of blogs, whitepapers, webinars, presence at Splunk events etc.
Requirements: I have done (and can) do that
- You will have 5-10+ years of direct sales experience selling enterprise software to mid-size to large enterprises (required), start-up experience welcomed!
- Strong cloud knowledge with a solid technical understanding, with the ability to conduct demos to startup organisations
- You have previous experience utilizing partners, channels and alliances to sell more successfully and overachieve your quota.
- You have sold a similar complex solution software and have experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics.
- You have a measurable track record in new business development and over achieving sales targets
- Experience in selling complex enterprise software solutions and ability to adapt in fast-growing and changing environments
- Experience in successfully selling during market creation phase
- Proven track record of successfully closing six and seven figure software licensing deals with prospects and customers in the defined territory.
- Experience in the “C” suite, strong executive presence and polish, and excellent listening skills.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC and Challenger methodologies is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus or equivalent experience
- Modern application architecture (micro-services) understanding is key, along with the ability to understand and communicate technical challenges in business terms
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.