|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role:
The role of the Technical Specialist, Networks is to take operational ownership of the services that are being offered to Optus Business customers in the form of Managed Network and Data Centre Services.
The Technical Specialist will be responsible for troubleshooting to resolving complex faults, identifying and remediating the root cause of incidents via problem management methodology as well as scoping and implementing complex changes within managed Network environments. The Technical specialist will also be involved in configuration of networks solutions by a range of strategic vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, Riverbed and F5, and the ongoing management of Tier 1 infrastructure. Data Centre, wireless, enterprise networks experience is key to being successful in this role. Certification in major network vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Riverbed and F5 would be looked upon favourably.
- Meet or exceed customer service SLAs
- Take ownership of customer issues escalated to you and update the incident manager and customer as appropriate.
- Manage workflow to ensure Major Network or Sensitive Customer Faults are prioritised
- Represent customer needs in a fast-moving fluid business environment
- Increase customer loyalty and lower customer exit transitions
- Interactions & incidents are updated in ServiceNow.
- Customer systems experience high through positive engagement attributable to communication, knowledge and timely response.
- OB is positively represented to customers through all forms of communication, exhibiting empathy to their situation, perspective, constraints and issues.
- After hours work is completed as rostered and scheduled.
- Complex MACs and Transitions are completed as scoped and in the timeframe that was committed to the customer.
- Significant experience in the ICT Network Engineering field or working in a service provider capacity, with strong focus on managed network services and operational network service delivery
- Experience working in a client environment, managing internal network infrastructure, and external network vendors/stakeholders.
- Excellent skills in support & configuration of Cisco routers and switches
- Excellent skills in support & configuration of Cisco Data Centre routers and switches, including Nexus
- Excellent skills in support & configuration of Dynamic routing protocols – BGP & OSPF
- Experience with support and configuration of Juniper routers and switches
- Experience with support and configuration of Cisco Wireless solutions
- Experience with support and configuration of Aruba Wireless solutions
- Experience with support and configuration of Riverbed WANx solutions
- Extensive experience supporting WAN technologies such as Ethernet, Wireless (3G/4G)
- Knowledge of service level management, transition management and change management
- Reporting to customers and to other Business departments
- Escalation management and advanced problem solving
Technical Skills required:
- Routing Switching
- SRX skills
- Cloud either AWS or Azure
Desirable skills to have:
- Riverbed good to have
- Viptela and Velo cloud
- CCIE, R&S
- CCIE Data centre