|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Role
The Merchant Engagement manager is a critical role in the Scaled Sales team, as we redefine our sales & success function for our largest restaurant-partner segment. Responsible for our overall communications strategy & execution, you’ll demonstrate thought leadership to define our voice/brand, and challenge our communication norms as you execute a range of campaigns & evergreen communications across numerous channels. Your goals will be varied, from driving a more customer centric, higher converting acquisition journey, to growing adoption of a marketing tech product in tenured restaurant-partners segments, to helping restaurants with the basics of Uber Eats & grow their success. The ability to use data to drive personalisation and relevant communications will be critical to your success.
Overall, your impact will ensure restaurants are hearing helpful, effective, cut-through messages at the right time which deliver against KPIs, and will take an executional role to craft, build and deploy comms through existing & new scaled channels.
As part of Uber Eats’ highest volume sales team, you will also be responsible for ensuring the execution & success of our lead generation strategy for the inbound channel, using creative, multi-channel approaches to drive workable leads into the team.
What You’ll Do
- Define the scaled customer “voice” - you will create our SMB sales & success brand & messaging principles, and ensure these come to life through our communications
- Be responsible for defining & executing our communication channel strategy, leveraging CRM, tablet messages, our BPO sales teams, and exploring new channels
- Consider and execute how we can diversify our channels into more scaled yet personalised approaches, like webinars or podcasts, and demonstrate new channel performance
- Ensure we have the right ever-green communications in place to drive our customers’ success, as well as working on multiple concurrent campaigns
- End to end campaign execution including building the messaging plan, leveraging analytics to define a channel strategy, producing key talking points & campaign briefings for agency sales, and executing your messaging through digital channels as required
- Define talking points for campaigns to empower customer facing sales teams
- Partner with local and global CRM POCs to understand the full messaging ecosystem, recommend changes where seen fit, and plan Scaled Success messaging cohesively against a broader campaign calendar
- Develop and execute a lead generation strategy to grow strong and qualified demand, through effective spend
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years working in customer facing, customer experience or B2B marketing roles, displaying deep empathy for the customer - key to success will be getting the messaging right to support customer growth
- Proven experience delivering marketing or channel strategies, with a strategic messaging approach, multi-channel delivery plan, experience executing, and results measurement / tracking
- Strong analytical acumen - you won’t need to complete campaign analysis / audience build yourself, but you will need to identify KPIs associated with all your activity, define success, & ensure tracking guides us to understand success
- Familiarity with Salesforce marketing cloud preferred
- Proven writing skills, with an ability to learn and understand what messages cut through
- Strong stakeholder management skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with a range of business partners to ensure cohesive messaging to customer
- You’re a superb team player. We’re building something new here, and we will drive and share our successes as a team
About the Team
With Uber Eats, we're building Uber's newest and fastest growing business, spanning 180+ cities across all six continents in two years. Today, Uber Eats is available across many parts of APAC including Mumbai, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Auckland, Sydney and Melbourne - and we're just getting started.
The Sales & Success team at Uber Eats is the growth engine responsible for the acquisition, retention, and development of restaurant partners, ensuring their ongoing success on the Uber Eats platform. The scaled team is newly formed, and will be building great restaurant experiences across the entire restaurant lifecycle, targeted at SMBs and utilising scaled channels.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.