|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in communications, including B2B/enterprise technology and executive communications.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Experience in interacting with and influencing executives, and providing advice that reflects an understanding of their business and leadership style.
- Relationships and experience pitching to local technology and business press.
- Demonstrated ability to manage PR agencies and teams across multiple geographies.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion, while acting as an effective team player who can lead efforts across disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated creative skills when developing appealing communications for press and social media.
About the job
As a member of the Google Cloud Communications team, you will collaborate with other cross-functional teams to communicate with journalists and thought leaders, develop specific communications materials and devise thought leadership campaigns. You'll understand the power of Google’s Cloud products and tell the story of how we help our customers innovate. You'll engage in face-to-face meetings with internal executives and external opinion formers, and develop print and web-based materials supporting these campaigns.
On the Google Cloud Communications team, it's our job to help inform and educate users, developers, customers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google Cloud Platform and Google Workspace, our distinctive company culture/values, and our approach to the market opportunity. You'll be able to combine creativity with the organizational skills to manage numerous projects to deadlines simultaneously. As the lead for Australia and New Zealand Communications for Google Cloud, you will collaborate with executives from across the organization, and you will bring a deep understanding of both cloud computing and the enterprise market.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders--and our own employees--about the benefits of Google's products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to distill technical concepts into coherent and easy-to-understand communications material, including regular outreach via press that reaches a business decision-maker and developer-level audience. Coordinate these major announcements and materials across Australia and New Zealand.
- Build proactive media campaigns that can work across Australia and New Zealand, highlighting the ways Google Cloud benefits businesses, our products and services, and the diverse and inspiring range of people on our Google Cloud teams.
- Communicate to mainstream audiences the advantages of Google Cloud.
- Manage PR agency partners to deliver quality results that support business objectives.
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with teams across Google, journalists, key partners and influencers in tech and mainstream press.