|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market.
We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all of our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Data Science/Artificial Intelligence Cloud Solution Architect to drive high priority AI customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in Enterprise accounts segment of our business. This is a customer facing role, owning overall technical relationship between customer and Microsoft Artificial Intelligence Platform in your region.
You will own Data Science / AI technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or MVPs. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions and development of POCs and/or Data Science Models with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, Data Scientists, IT Management and Developers to drive AI solutions to production
Key responsibilities include:
- Understand customers’ overall data estate Business and IT priorities and success measures to design AI solutions that drive business value.
- Apply technical knowledge to architect and design solutions that meet business and IT needs, create AI roadmaps, drive POCs and MVPs, and ensure long term technical viability of new deployments, infusing key AI technologies where appropriate (e.g. Azure ML, Azure Cognitive Services, Azure Bot Service, Azure Databricks, Azure Synapse, Power BI, etc.)
- Working with multiple customers to create Proof of concepts (POCs) / Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) etc. and guiding customers through to production deployment and operationalization of projects
- Ensure that solution exhibits high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, repeatability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Develop deep relationships with key customer decision makers (both Business and IT) who drive long-term innovation and AI adoption within their company to enable them to be Azure AI advocates
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers and drive product improvements.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects, Global Black Belts and MS stakeholders in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise AI solutions on Microsoft Cloud platforms.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the AI technical community while educate customers on Azure platform
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Knowledge and Skills:
Professional Experience. 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of AI / ML / Data Science solutions.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with AI technologies (Azure Machine Learning, Azure cognitive services, Open-Source AI frameworks, Python, MLOps, cloud and hybrid infrastructures and architecture designs. Required
- "Hands on" Experience creating AI Proof of Concepts, Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) for customers
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand market and relevant cloud trends
- Competitive Landscape: Knowledge of key AI platforms such as AWS, GCP, DataRobotetc
- Partners: Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
- Depth / Subject Matter Expertise in two or more of the following AI Platform Cloud solutions required
- Data Governance
- Data Engineering
- Data Science
- Machine Learning including Azure ML, ML Server, Azure Databricks
- Artificial Intelligence including BOT framework, Cognitive Services, Cognitive Search
- Breadth of technical experience and knowledge advantageous, with
- Experience in big data workloads like HDInsight, Hadoop, Spark,
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects. The ability to influence and buildrelationships across technical and business teamsRequired
- Good business acumen to quickly understand the customer’s industry and business to have relevant discussions with business decision makers.
- Good understanding of key AI scenarios that are driving innovation in key industries such as Financial services, Retail, Healthcare etc.
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer’s AI problems through various cloud technologies Required
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, ability to communicate AI concepts effectively with busienss, data science and technical audiences, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of customer projects. Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Data Scientists, Engineers) Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology, Engineer or related field preferred
- Certification in one or more of the following technologies preferred: Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company such as Amazon, Google, IBM, etc desired
- Prior solution delivery experience in AI specialized solution providers
Travel required: 0-25%
Re-location would be accommodated for qualified candidates
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.