|Job Type:||Full Time|
It’s an exciting time to join Downer Group as we continue to grow we are looking to recruit a Senior Financial Accountant to be based within our Group Reporting team based in North Ryde, NSW. This is a great opportunity for an individual that potentially has worked in one of the Big 4 Accounting Firms in professional services to a corporate accounting role.
Reporting into the Finance Manager for Group Reporting, you will assist monthly consolidated reporting for the Group, including Board and Executives monthly reports. In addition, assistance in preparing the half and yearly the Group consolidated Financial Report to lodge to ASX.
You will support the Group DCFO and GM Finance in leadership and mentoring of the Finance community within the Group, and gets involved in outlining new projects and improvements that can be made within Downer’s divisions
In addition, the role includes assistance to Divisional Finance teams for the use of the consolidated tool (Hyperion / OneStream) and by providing technical accounting support, and other ad hoc projects as required.
- Ability to interpret and challenge financial information provided by divisions
- High attention to details
- Ability to identify and resolve issues
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and business writing
- Strong task and time management skills – ability to meet deadlines
- Sound technical accounting knowledge / AIFRS accounting standards
- Ability to work efficiently within a fast pace environment
- Possess balance between big picture (understanding business / management needs) and attention to detail (thorough analysis of numbers, statutory reporting etc)
- Degree and CA/CPA qualified
- Ideally worked in a large professional accounting consulting firm (PwC, Ernst & Young, etc)
- High level of knowledge in excel
- Experience in Hyperion reporting systems (HFM) would be advantageous
WHAT WE OFFER
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm
- An opportunity to make an impact with a growing and forward thinking company
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience
To apply, please click on "Apply" below and submit your resume. For more information, please email Susie.Cooper@downergroup.com. Please do not send any resumes to this email address as they will not be accepted.
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Please do not submit any resumes or associated profiles to the Downer careers portal or to any Downer employees. Downer will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.