|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the Role
A deep, data driven understanding of our restaurant segment is core to enabling the scaled sales & success team to understand our opportunities for growth, deliver high impact, targeted campaigns, and understand our performance from restaurant acquisition to lifecycle & commercial restaurant success. The Scaled Sales Analytics Manager will provide this key analytical function to the team, owning our segmentation, identifying growth opportunities, and assessing our performance. You’ll know where the opportunities for growth lie, and provide structured and insightful recommendations which direct & enable the team to empower merchant partners with maximum impact.
What You’ll Do
- Build, own and maintain a restaurant partner segmentation model, to enable a deep understanding of merchant partner performance
- Frequently deep dive into specific metrics, eg churn, menu conversion performance or early lifecycle performance, to drive insights
- Provide analysis & recommend segmentations for where opportunities for commercial growth exist in the scaled segment
- Own in-depth commercial performance reporting to the Scaled team weekly. Provide recommendations to all team members for improvements
- Tell stories with data - we’ll be looking for strong recommendations from insights, not just reporting
- Based on your recommendations and prioritised team KPIs, develop audiences for campaigns and complete cohorting to assist with campaign execution
- Design & run experiments relating to all team activity
- Track campaigns post-launch & provide campaign & channel level reporting for all activity undertaken by the scaled sales team
- Back-up support for our automation roadmap, either assisting with delivery, or serving as a back-up escalation point for failures
- Complete comparable dataset analysis to deliver deep, commercial insights internally and to partners
What You’ll Need
This is an analytical role at its core, but the candidate will need to bring a strong commercial mind-set to ensure high impact
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, or other relevant quantitative fields
- 3+ years experience as a dedicated analyst / data scientist, delivering high impact insights & recommendations
- Intermediate to advanced programming skills - well versed in Python/R, SQL at a minimum
- Able to create data tables, write complex queries, with the ability to join tables etc in SQL
- Experience in big data sets - developing & maintaining data pipelines and/or data integration solutions
- Data delivery automation
- Problem solving - the ability to seek out the root cause of issues and recommend structured solutions
- Able to deliver aggregate data (eg by sector) and deliver commercially astute visualisations, showing a range of metrics from commercial performance, to product engagement, to churn propensity, and use data to drive recommendations
- The ability to design campaign structures which use testing techniques (A|B testing or hold outs), execute the technical elements of campaigns, and deliver campaign wraps & learnings which assess performance against key campaign metrics, and recommend next steps to drive further impact
- You’re a superb team player. We’re building something new here, and we will drive and share our successes as a team
About the Team
With Uber Eats, we're building Uber's newest and fastest growing business, spanning 180+ cities across all six continents in two years. Today, Uber Eats is available across many parts of APAC including Mumbai, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Auckland, Sydney and Melbourne - and we're just getting started.
The Sales & Success team at Uber Eats is the growth engine responsible for the acquisition, retention, and development of restaurant partners, ensuring their ongoing success on the Uber Eats platform. The scaled team is newly formed, and will be building great restaurant experiences across the entire restaurant lifecycle, targeted at SMBs and utilising scaled channels.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.