|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.**About Nickel West
Nickel West is a fully integrated mine-to-market business. Our culture is rich with technical know-how, highly efficient and focused on innovation. The business employs over 2500 people from five operations across Western Australia comprising of nickel underground and open-cut mines, concentrators, a smelter and a refinery. We also have plans to expand our operations with new mines in the northern Goldfields and a large nickel sulphate plant in Kwinana.
A member of the BHP Group, Nickel West is undergoing an exciting business transformation to become a globally significant supplier of battery materials to the electric vehicle market. Nickel West will soon become the world’s largest producer of Nickel Sulphate, a key ingredient in lithium-ion batteries. As the world’s largest producer of nickel briquettes and nickel powder, Nickel West is leading the new-energy revolution in Western Australia.
Nickel West has an exciting future ahead. We invite you to join us at Nickel West as we seek to energize our future.
Superintendent Risk & Governance
- Competitive salary on offer plus 12% superannuation and a range of company benefits
- Nickel West value and respect employees, offering an inclusive and diverse environment
- BHP Nickel West actively supports a diverse workforce and encourages Female and Indigenous applicants to apply
Reporting to the Head of Finance the Risk and Governance Superintendent is accountable for leading the Nickel West Risk Business Partner team to partner with the Enterprises and Functions to implement the risk management framework; to build a complete and accurate understanding of their risks, and to manage their risks effectively, specialising in complex risk areas; and to assistmanagement to incorporate risk into decision-making.
Some of the accountabilities are:
- Broaden the Asset risk radar by considering material and non-material, strategic, reporting, and compliance risks, in addition to operational risks.
- Deepen the Asset risk radar by considering emerging risks as well as those risks faced today.
- Support implementation and execution of the new risk management framework, including setting goals for implementation and integration into business processes.
- Coach line management on how to apply the risk management process so that there is standard application across operations.
- Deliver training and build capability in the risk management framework.
- Use the correct technique to govern, support, and lead risk assessments (being identification, analysis, and evaluation) for complex risks and material risks, and monitor the quality of all risk assessments.
- Support line management to maintain an effective control environment with consideration to both efficiency and effectiveness for control design, verification, and testing.
- Uses fact-based risk insights to drive business strategy, outcomes and performance.
- Identify local and operational emerging risks and changing regulatory requirements and alert line management for consideration of inclusion in the local risk profile.
- Analyse risk data to assess the effectiveness of the application of the risk management process, and support line management to implement improvements.
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Ensure alignment with and compliance to Group Level Documents relevant to the area of responsibility.
- Degree or diploma in engineering or other relevant field
- 5+ years’ experience in risk management in an operational environment, with knowledge of professional standards (ISO31000, COSO, RIMS, or equivalent).
- Mining or other relevant industry experience required.
- SAP Risk Management experience preferred.
As part of the recruitment process for this position you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical and participate in a background screen including a criminal history check, identity check and qualifications check.
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.**