Last updated 3 hours ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact
As a Researcher you will be developing and refining your core skills by taking ownership of projects and leading research activities. You will run research with product teams and be learning from more experienced researchers. You will confidently take on simple or evaluative studies and will be building more solid skills in complex and generative research. You'll work with designers on their efforts to influence and inform product roadmaps.
What you’ll do
- Understand complex needs across product teams in order to design and lead research programmes that inform particular teams as well the wider product group
- Work with others to develop an improved understanding and impact of the role of design research in our processes
- Identify user needs and problems through a variety of research methods, such as: interviews, usability testing, site visits and observation, diary studies, generative research, data analysis, and others as required.
- Generate insights from your research. Identify different user types and profiles, based on behaviours and attitudes, usage patterns, industries, roles, locations and other relevant characteristics
- Communicate user problems and user needs to the wider business in a way that easily translates your insights into actionable solutions
- Collaborate with product and design teams toimplement solutions that fix user problems and address user needs
- Conduct follow up research to determine the success of those solutions
- You enjoy the challenge of making the complex simple, and you won’t mind a bit of travel to make sure we get the best possible results
What you'll bring
- Designing and conducting research using a variety of methods
- Highly developed analytical skills – you can distill what’s important in your research and present it in ways that mean others understand too
- Systemic and strategic thinking – you can join up your research with other data and research we have with Xero, and with trends and data from outside Xero.
- Communication skills – you can effectively communicate your ideas using a variety of approaches to all levels of the business
- You’re a well-organized, passionate, pragmatic and empathetic colleague, seeking to improve what we build, and how we do it
- Experience working within or alongside design teams
- Experience researching for digital products
- You have a portfolio that shows previous work
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.