|Location:||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have an excellent team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Are you passionate about learning new technologies and understanding how they work? Are you interested in an opportunity to work with an upbeat team to help drive its products to a new level? As a Software Engineer in Test - Cloud, the responsibilities include designing, documenting, executing, and automating tests to effectively and efficiently test features in development. You will be expected to architect and drive automated, reliable, resilient, and extensible solutions to enhance and evolve our testing strategies and capabilities, and continually improve our testing infrastructure for cloud offerings.
What we provide:
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- A set of hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering, test engineers to product management.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work in an area that spans backend and frontend and SDKs? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we compress data for fast random-access retrieval? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Balance. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
What you provide:
- Experience in Cloud Native architecture testing microservices and APIs for complex applications
- Distributed Experience in working on distributed systems like AWS Cloud, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Design, build and maintain test automation. Our Products run in Single Tenant and Multi Tenant/Microservice architecture. Developing automation and analyzing test results to ensure quality and recommend corrective action on both platforms is a must.
- Experience in building/improving test automation frameworks. 7+ years experience developing test automation in C++, Python, Java and Golang
- Proficient in SCMS - Github, Gitlab and CI-CD tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Develop/research automation tools used to improve the test coverage efficiency and sufficiency. Develop and evolve test frameworks, tools, infrastructure, and CI systems. System/critical thinking and big picture mindset are important.
- Experience working in DevOps environments and CI/CD technologies such as Git lab Pipelines, Artifactory, Terraform, Puppet, etc.
- Customer engagement: Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases. Incorporate telemetry data into test design.
- Passionate at SDET engineering and Splunk
- Experience in AWS, GCP or Azure Cloud
- Expertise with Kubernetes, Docker, and any container orchestration
- Experience with OpenAPI/Swagger and Splunk is preferred
- Passionate about CI/CD and solving process problems with frameworks such as Gitlab, CircleCI, or Github Actions or building highly automated and maintainable software
- Solid experience in DevOps and Customer engagement
- Experience in engineering management and leadership
- A Growth Mindset!
- Bachelor’s in CS degree; 4+ years related experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.