|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Strategy. Direct. Support. Diverse working environment
- Implement new legislation
- Salary, vehicle, phone and laptop
Boral currently seek an Environment Manager to provide technical advice, assist with environmental strategy and direction and support operational leaders to achieve desired Boral Australia environmental objectives and new legislative requirements.
With new legislation to implement, senior business unit leaders to engage and coach, we encourage Environment Managers who are people centric, strategic, technically strong and possess energy and personal drive to apply. Experience in Construction, Extractive/Mining or Manufacturing environment management is essential.
As an Environment Manager, opportunities to succeed will include:
Strategy - assist in development, delivery and review of the National HSE Strategy and Product Line Action plans
Governance - educate Directors and officers in their due diligence duties under the legislation, through establishing and monitoring due diligence plans and provide updates to the Regional Leadership Team on the progress of continuous improvement and assurance activities
Systems & Programs - via collaboration and partnership with the Central HSE team facilitate implementation of the HSEQ Management System & National Programs and provide recommendations and improvements to the environmental management systems in line with new legislation.
Assurance - ensure Assurance Audits are completed in line with Audit and Assurance Program, ensure corrective actions are tracked effectively and closed out in a timely manner and monitor the closeout of Environment and Sustainability actions as a result of Audit and Assurance program
Reporting & Analytics - provide information as required to meet reporting obligations to the Central HSE team
Regulator Liaison & Reporting - develop effective relationships with key environmental regulator representatives at both officer and senior levels, maintain Industry association to stay abreast of Environment and Sustainability risks, facilitate Regulatory reporting requirements
Incident Management - facilitate reporting, investigation and management of environmental incidents and complaints in accordance with relevant procedures
Possessing a high standard of customer focus, capacity to understand and apply a commercial focus and proven track record of facilitating successful change in a complex environment, your skills and experience will cover:
- Tertiary level qualification in environmental management or a related field, including Engineering or Science
- Environmental Systems Auditing Qualification (desirable)
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment (desirable)
- Strong experience in contamination, waste or water management (desirable)
- Knowledge of environmental regulations, systems and processes
- Knowledge and ability in the use of HSE Information Systems
- Credibility and authority to contribute to Regional Management Team
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with all people, and to lead and influence people with group presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise complex competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently and within a small team
- Personal drive and results-orientation
Boral welcomes your application - please press APPLY or visit http://careers.boral.com.au
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.