At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
We are looking for a Tech Business Analyst – Data Risk and Controls within the Technology Consulting – Data and Analytics team across Sydney and Melbourne.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations.
We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
Your key responsibilities
- Work closely with senior stakeholders (both internal and external) to understand their business requirements to identify their challenges with data that can be addressed using various Analysis techniques
- Conduct deep-dives with Business SMEs to evaluate risks, controls and issues; identify inherent risks, threats, pain points, control gaps and weaknesses
- Be able to clearly explain data and analytics strengths and weaknesses to both technical and senior business stakeholders
- Facilitate design workshops with executive stakeholders to calibrate and agree outcomes, material risk ratings and new issues and observations to be raised at Board level
- Uplift of the risk & controls environment through identification and remediation of control gaps, addressing banks’ finding ahead of Board deadline
- Keep a track of trends, patterns and correlation in case of complex data sets
- Use data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of system software
- Be involved in all aspects of the Project life-cycle, including Strategy, Road-Mapping, Architecture and Implementation in order to gain maximum exposure to set you up for a successful consulting career
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Extensive experienced in the banking industry delivering modern data platform solutions, data governance, data risk and control, data quality, regulation frameworks and processes
- Proven track record partnering with key stakeholders across risk management, compliance, technical IT teams and the business, driving outcomes and improving cohesion
- Previous experience with various tools and technologies for big data
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics projects