|Job Type:||Full Time|
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from Australia due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by set date as expected. We're keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of Product Management experience.
- End-to-end product management experience with software/web technologies.
- Experience creating product roadmaps, working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in managing day-to-day product direction.
- Experience in designing products used in the automotive industry, navigation, or transportation systems.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
About the job
At Google, we put our users first. The world is always changing so we need Product Managers who are continuously adapting and excited to work on products that affect millions of people every day.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers, designers, marketers, etc. to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
Google is investing in bringing the best of our products to our users whilst they're in cars as part of a cross-company undertaking.
Google aims to build products that organize the world's information and make it universally accessible to our users. As a Product Manager at Google, you could be working on new technologies, platforms, consumer facing products, and/or enterprise systems. The end goal will be to match you with the team that best aligns with your interests, experience, and where you will have the most impact.
- Define the roadmap, build consensus, and secure executive support. Work closely with engineering, design, research, and other cross-functional teams to effectively deliver.
- Be the expert on our target users, how they interact with our product, and how they use alternative products. Understand in detail the full stack and interactions of the product on a technical level.
- Advocate for both automotive manufacturers and users when making product decisions and trade-offs.
- Seek out, validate, and build features to improve the quality, reliability, utility, and enjoyment of Google Maps for our users.
- Collaborate with teams in other offices and organizations to ensure that features bring the best of Google Maps technologies to drivers.