|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.We currently have the opportunity for an Engineer Production Processing to join our Production Processing team at Caval Ridge Mine. Reporting to the Superintendent Production Processing, this position is responsible for identifying opportunities and delivering technical solutions to ensure that the Coal Handling Preparation Plant (CHPP) achieves production, efficiency and quality targets. This is a fantastic career opportunity for an Engineer looking to grow and develop their skills.
In this role you will:
- Analyse and improve processing systems to minimise lost opportunity in coal recovery and production volume
- Identify and deliver projects to optimise CHPP operation in terms of Safety, Volume and Cost
- Work closely with Operations, Maintenance and Coal Mining personnel to ensure that both volume and quality targets are met
- Drive a culture with a focus on reducing costs through maximising recovery, minimising down time and eliminating waste
- Provide leadership and mentoring of graduate engineers
- Achieve best practice for CHPP operating processes through application of the BMA Processing Standards
- Previous experience in a processing plant – coal industry would be highly regarded
- Engineering degree qualification or similar would be highly regarded
- High focus on safety critical
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated and results driven
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.