|Location:||Perth, Western Australia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer's Civil & Rail Division business is one of the fastest growing divisions within the Downer business. As the 3rd largest employer in Australia & New Zealand our projects cover Regional WA and the Metro area for key clients, both Private Miners & the Government .
A unique opportunity has become available for an astute Engineering Lead - QA to join our team on a new project working on an 8-6 roster (flying both ways in the companies time). The project is a combination of Civils/Earthworks & Rail works. Your key role will be to ensure Safety, Quality, Environmental and Contractual Risks are managed in line with organisation’s relevant policies, management plans, internal manual/procedures, ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and other relevant Australian standards for compliance.
This end to end role reports into our site based Engineering Manager and will maintain monitoring, auditing and reporting against operational goals and client objectives.
This role is ideally suited to candidates with at least 5-8 years plus of Rail, Construction and/or Civil . Ideally you will hold a Tertiary Qualifications in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
The roles duties are:
- Develop and maintain project KPIs in collaboration with Senior/Project managers & Engineering Manager
- Report on KPIs and work issues on permanent and regular basis by identifying trends and proposing solutions for improvement
- Collect data and report on all site inspection activities after peer review
- Supervise and coordinate onsite subcontractors along with materials and plants
- Serve as onsite project representative to clients and team members
- Set up, monitor, review and progressive inspections as per ITPs and Field Checklists
- Review subcontractors’ documents for compliance with contract specifications
- Prepare and maintain weekly and monthly technical reports for senior managers
- Assist and participate in Management System Reviews, Project Inductions, Forums, Meeting, etc.
- Support senior safety managers for safety and traffic management
- Ensure handover documents and MDR (including O&M Manuals) are being prepared and compiled by the subcontractors in real time for review
- Plan and conduct subcontractor audits to report findings
- Maintain quality assurance records
In return we offer:
- Opportunity to work with a high functioning team on a brand new project in regional WA
- Full time employment with ongoing – long term work
- Competitive remuneration package based on experience
- Best roster 8-6 with a professional back to back coverage so you can enjoy your R & R
- The opportunity to further develop your skills and professional development
Click the Apply button to put through an application.