|Location:||New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At UGL we pride ourselves on partnering with our internal and external stakeholders to provide fit-for-purpose solutions. In this instance one of our key partners is looking to engage an experienced Project Manager. This role will suit a results driven individual with demonstrated experience within the Power, Telecommunications or Utilities sectors.
About the role\:
In this role you will manage and coordinate the successful programming and completion of a range of Distribution works allocated by the Project Director. This includes the monitoring and reporting to the Senior Project Manager and Project Director on project progress and when necessary recommend strategies to facilitate completion of works program as well as review compliance with milestone, budget and time constraints.
Key Responsibilities of the role include but not limited to\:
- Manage and coordinate works ensuring all work is delivered and complies with company standards, and have proper regard to safety, legislative, financial and environmental requirements;
- Apply risk management to manage the triple constraint of time, cost and resources to ensure cost effective projects are delivered to meet network and customer priorities;
- Develop and implement project specific delivery, safety, environmental and risk management plans;
- Adopt on a strategy of continuous improvement by reviewing project outcomes to identify improvements and drive for enhanced productivity in the delivery of projects;
- Provide input into the development of project/program cost and resource plans and forecasts;
- Manage the design, construction and commissioning phases of the project and programs. Co-ordinate project requirements with Design Managers, Schedulers and Operation Managers to ensure project requirements are met;
- Responsible for safe and efficient contractor management of project construction services. Manage the procurement of construction services including the development of contract specifications, managing the tendering process and administration of the contract;
- Accountable for project cost management, ensuring that resource and expenditure forecasts for all projects / programs are accurate, financial variations are raised in a timely manner where necessary and
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on program / major project work packets delivery and budget performance including delivery risks, issues and solutions.
You want to be part of something bigger, whatever the challenge you see it as the chance to create value.
Qualification & Experience\:
- Advanced Diploma in Electrical Engineering / ESI / applied Electrical Engineering (Power Industry) and Diploma in Project Management
- 5-10 years’ experience in a similar/professional role
- Workcover Induction for Construction Work - General Course
- Authorised to submit Network Access Requests
- Authorised to provide Clearance for the Commissioning of new Assets
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
We will not accept unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies.