|Job Type:||Full Time|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Systems Engineer with our team based at our office in Richmond, Victoria. Please note we are moving this office to the CBD later on this year.
About the Opportunity
Red Ochre LABS is a hub for collaboration with industry, Defence and academia, pioneering advanced technology and future-altering solutions.
At the heart of Red Ochre LABS are Australian world leading air, land and sea and cyber technologies focused on autonomous systems, hypersonics, space, advanced sustainment technologies and ISREW capabilities. Find out more about Red Ochre Labs here .
We are looking for various Systems Engineers to join our growing team.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will be:
- Developing and managing of System requirements and design documents (System & Subsystem Specifications, Product Breakdown Structure, Design Documents, component specifications, interface specifications, etc.)
- Performing requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification.
- Using domain, discipline and Systems Engineering understanding to ensure enabling, supporting and delivered products robustly and demonstrably meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
- Participate in ensuring that the design meets all statutory regulatory requirements
- Independently reviewing peers' work, identify technical risks and unknowns and support planning activities
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience within the Engineering discipline with a exposure to Technical Development and Systems Design of engineering projects
- Experience in at least one Engineering Discipline, e.g. Hardware, Software and Systems Engineering etc
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in an Engineering Discipline
- Experience within the Engineering discipline with a some experience in the Technical Development and Systems Design of engineering projects
- A variety of project experiences from design to delivery of products
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts