|Job Type:||Full Time|
AECOM’s Civil Infrastructure Team in Cairns is looking for a highly driven Senior/Principal Engineer who contributes to the winning, management and delivery of moderate to large scale projects You will be responsible for the management of resources, budgets, timelines and enhancing client and working relationships. This role will include the preparation of proposals and presentations to clients to win work.
You will require strong technical capability in general civil engineering, comprising competency to undertake, review and certify high quality designs for earthworks, minor access roads, drainage and water/sewer utilities. Proficient in reviewing client briefs and understanding actual client needs, and a working knowledge of 12D is important.
You will have a flexible approach with a desire to think differently about how to meet client needs and a desire to support AECOM in its endeavour to build a better world.
- 7+ years’ relevant professional experience;
- Experience working on Projects within a dynamic consulting and design environment;
- Ability to network quickly and connect throughout the global AECOM business to strengthen capability and value for clients
- A passionate and driven individual who enjoys challenging themselves, delivers on commitments and believes in building a better world
- Takes personal accountability for own actions and decisions
- Demonstrates confidence and ability in persuading and building support for own ideas and plans
- Mentors junior staff and passes on knowledge within own area of expertise
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (or equivalent) – essential;
- RPEQ/CPEng essential.AECOM values its engineers and their progressing and contribution to the engineering profession. The candidate is expected to maintain Chartership with Engineers Australia and RPEQ by completing the necessary in-house and external training
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
*Job Category*Engineering - Civil
*Business Group*Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.