|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking to join a team where you help customers use the latest technology, where you receive cutting edge training and where you’re empowered to make a difference?
We need enthusiastic people like you to provide technical direction to our customers to help them realize their full potential.
Who We Are
We are Microsoft Consulting Services, and are passionate about delivering Microsoft’s mission:
“to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more”.
Microsoft Consulting Services’ mission is to lead and serve Microsoft’s customers and partners as they realize their full potential through Microsoft software and services. Microsoft Consulting Services and its partners bring the deepest expertise of Microsoft solutions—from enterprise planning to deployment and support—that helps our customers innovate to strategic advantage in their respective industries.
The D&AI SAO team delivers the above focus areas with a focus on modern data platforms, analytics, machine learning & AI, as well as integrating with the wider focus areas of infrastructure, security and application design & delivery.
We are looking for experienced Solutions Architects for the Azure Cloud and AI Domain Solution Architecture Office, to land as part of a new Data Centre of Excellence we are establishing.
If you have practical experience of implementing Enterprise Wide data strategies OR practical experience of multi phase / multi Petabyte data migrations from on-premise to the cloud, we would love to hear from you.
This role can be based out of ATZ, EMEA or APJ with a dedicated focus on transforming how our customers exploit their data as they move to the cloud - and laying the foundations for being data driven organisations.
In this role, you shall:
- Help shape the data “path to the cloud” for our most strategic customer engagements.
- Apply your cloud data architecture expertise while presenting Microsoft technology and our vision to executives and technical leaders with our strategic customers, and partners.
- Balance a portfolio of pre-sales and delivery governance work.
- Collaborate closely with our Engineering Groups influence the roadmaps for Azure Data Services based on real world experience.
- Be a leading contributor to the D&AI global Domain Community and driving participation, knowledge sharing, IP discovery/reuse working closely with other delivery teams, Technology and Role-based community leads, engineering, and marketing teams.
- Working closely with sales and solution marketing teams (SST) on leveraging reusable presales & delivery methods to assist in the creation of service line offering and GTM plans.
- Work with Chief Architect & Arch Managers and peers to determine priorities for global programs, skilling, IP etc.
Subject Matter Expertise expected in many of the following:
Azure Synapse, Azure SQL, SQl Server Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Databricks, Cosmos, MySQL, Oracle
Data & Analytics landscape - Redshift, Snowflake, Teradata, Big Query, OMNI, Hadoop (CDH), MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka and associated architecture patterns - Lambda, Kappa
Previous experience or recognising business outcomes from data strategies
What We Need from you:
- Proven experience of leading enterprise scale data strategies and their implementation
- Proven success and expertise in positioning and architecting innovative Data and AI solutions within make the market / strategic pursuits in a client-facing role
- Leadership skills in Data Warehouse Modernization / Migrations & Data Engineering
- Ability to deliver against the Microsoft Data and Services value proposition across multiple customer horizons - H1, H2 and H3.
- Experience in MDM, Metadata Management, Data Quality and Data Lineage tools.
- Experience in E2E Data Engineering and Lifecycle (including non-functional requirements and operations) management.
- Ability to quickly build relationships and credibility with customers at the CxO level
- Ability to describe and implement Data services from a product centric viewpoint
- Ability to build trust to drive change with customers
- Track record of delivering quality solutions as a technical leader
- A passion for learning about and experimenting with new technologies
- Bachelor’s degree relevant to Information Technology/Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent)
We Would Also Expect You To Be Able To Pass The Following Azure Certifications Path In The First 6 Months Of Employment With Us, If You Do Not Already Hold Them
- AZ-303: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies
- AZ-304: Microsoft Azure Architect Design
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.