Last updated 10 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- University degree; master’s degree preferred
- 5 years professional development/HR experience ideally in a professional services environment or equivalent McKinsey consulting experience
- Understanding of digital technology and technical profiles (i.e. developers, agile coaches, product owners, designers, data scientists, data engineers) and their related technical skillsets
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong passion in professional development and people issues; ability to counsel consultants on their professional careers and sometimes difficult professional/personal tradeoffs
- Strong integrity, maturity and fairness in dealing with people and confidential information
- Experience and proficient in using IT-based systems and tools (i.e. Excel)
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively - both verbally and in writing - in English
Who you'll work with
You’ll work in our Melbourne or Sydney office as part of our Quantum Black and Build Australia practice. You will be part of our professional development (PD) team who provides professional development support to client facing colleagues.
Quantum Black (QB) uses data, analytics and design to help our clients be the best they can be. Build helps our clients create change that matters - transformation enabled by technology and sustained through capabilities.
What you'll do
You’ll lead the staffing function, together with the regional PD and staffing team to ensure consultants are appropriately staffed.
In this role, you will provide guidance on staffing and ensure consultants receive the required development opportunities whilst balancing client service needs. You will provide consultants with formal and informal feedback related to their staffing and evaluations and build strong relationships with partners and associate partners to ensure timely access to staffing-related information.
You’ll build trust and credibility and develop a professional relationship with our consultants that includes an in-depth understanding of the individual’s technical skillsets, professional development aspirations, experience, strengths, development needs and relevant personal circumstances - both on an on-going basis and around specific engagements. You’ll facilitate professional development and monitor consultant development and provide coaching and guidance on appropriate assignments, skill development, career progression and other topics as they arise, with special attention to those in their inflection points.
You’ll collaborate with the firm’s global network of professional development and staffing coordinators to facilitate cross-office staffing, share best practices, and drive firm/regional initiatives. You’ll support out semi annual review and work closely with our DNA people committee leaders to drive and manage the review process for consultants in his/her region.
You’ll be a partner in learning by working jointly with the learn team to provide training guidance for our consultants in a timely and appropriate manner as aligned with both the firm and individual aspirations. You’ll support other HR administration such as managing key people statistics and pipeline reporting for the Build & QB Leadership team. You will work with the PD team to ensure the information flow is entered into the required systems (i.e. ePeople and IStaffing updates, etc.). You will monitor and raise emerging people issues with relevant development leaders, helping to drive associated problem-solving and program development as needed. You will manage other personnel practices as needed – e.g. compensation calculation, exit/leave processes, mobility.