|Job Type:||Full Time|
Arboriculture and vegetation management is a multi-billion dollar industry with a future in Australia. It involves the management of individual trees, typically in and around the places where people live, work and play. Active Tree Services is the industry leader in the commercial space.
We are looking for an EWP Operator with a can-do attitude to join the Active team working in our Brisbane Commercial division.
This role has job security and will work on a long-term contract of Active’s, covering but not limited to Brisbane Metropolitan, Moreton Bay and potentially Gold Coast regions. Typically, you will need to travel up to an hour to reach work sites.
Reporting into the Supervisor you will ultimately need to be able to operate an Elevated Work Platform and cut, trim and remove trees around powerlines. Induction and training will be provided. This is an opportunity to work outdoors in a small team with good work ethic, using well-maintained equipment and state of the art technology. Active foster their employees and offer opportunities for progression including Vegetation Auditor, Team Leader, Supervisor and more.
What’s on offer:
- Full time permanent role with job security
- 8-hour shift from 7.00am to 3.30pm
- $28 to $30 per hour plus daily travel allowance, with the opportunity for overtime where available
- Paid Living Away From Home allowance when applicable
- All PPE and uniforms provided
- Continuous training and development to gain formal qualifications and progress your career within Active
What we need from you:
- A current and unrestricted drivers’ licence
- A MR/HR class driver’s licence is highly desirable (or the ability to obtain one)
- Elevated Work Platform licence/ticket is essential
- Chainsaw operation qualification (Certificate Level 1 & 2) is desirable
- Industry experience and/or qualifications (Cert II or III Horticulture/Arboriculture is highly advantageous)
- The ability to work as part of a team with a mature outlook and good communication skills
We are an Australian owned essential service with a national footprint and a workforce of 800 committed to delivering arboriculture, vegetation management, and consultancy services. We have been around for 45 years, and work to keep our communities safe and green while making sure our teams safety comes first.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Active read our team member stories at: https://www.activetreeservices.com.au/team-member-stories/
Please note: All shortlisted candidates are required to attend a full pre-employment medical including audio testing and drug and alcohol screening.
How to Apply: -
To be considered for this position, click on the "Apply Now" button.
Please note applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered at this time.