The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better
We are looking for a Virtual Executive Assistant (EA) within the National Executive Assistant Team (NEAT) in our Adelaide office. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis, a 12-month fixed term contract.
The objective of this role is to provide administrative and secretarial services virtually to senior executives within Oceania, primarily Executive Directors and Senior Managers.
You will be required to form part of a virtual and onsite team based in our offices in Adelaide, providing high quality, consistent and efficient administrative support in line with a set scope of services. These services will be delivered in a proactive and collaborative manner, across multiple geographies and areas around the Oceania business.
Your key responsibilities
- Diary and calendar management
- Travel management both Domestic and International
- Expense processing, adhering to firm deadlines
- Meeting scheduling and logistics, including catering and meeting room reservations
- Data entry for our in-house client relationship management database
- Assistance with Event Management coordination and logistics
- Document management, including document creation, editing, proof reading as examples
- Various ad hoc administration duties such as organising company research, payment requisitions or organising business cards as examples
Skills and attributes for success
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of work experience in a team environment and/or handling secretarial services
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and MS Outlook
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to multi-task
- Be a strong communicator with both excellent written and oral communications skills, with the ability to interact with senior management and clients
- Self-driven and motivated to work independently
Ideally, you’ll also have
- The ability to flex to customer and business needs
- Excellent desktop skills
- Effective problem-solving methods