|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.One of Australia’s largest mines and a complex minerals processing operation, Olympic Dam, is unique in that we produce Copper, Uranium, Gold and Silver. The local township of Roxby Downs is an active and progressive community offering a variety of modern, well equipped housing, educational, health, sporting, leisure, shopping and cultural facilities. Our OperationsJoin Olympic Dam a safe, reliable, globally competitive business delivered by our people. At Olympic Dam we care that everyone goes home safe to do the things they love. We believe Leadership drives culture and culture drives performance. All incidents are preventable and everyone has a role to play.
Please note this position is based at Olympic Dam, operating on a 7/7 roster pattern roster arrangement.Reporting to the Superintendent Geology the Core Processing Supervisor is responsible for the daily assignment of tasks to various Specialists and Technicians involved in the Core Processing Area. The supervisor is responsible for ensuring their team safely meets production targets as assigned. In this role you will:
- Be first and foremost focused on creating a culture of care by being a visible safety leader, engaging, developing and coaching your team.
- Perform daily planning of section activities to ensure the safe achievement of department KPI targets.
- Coordinate across shifts and other departments in order to create maximum value to Olympic Dam
- Inspect of all work areas regularly throughout every shift and sign off on pre-start checks
- Ensure Field Leadership observations are proactively completed
- Communicate with opposite shift and Superintendent via weekly meetings and shift handover reports
- Submit notifications for maintenance activities
- Request quotes for goods and services
- Raise reservations and purchase orders for goods and services
- Demonstrate the confidence to lead by example, hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in ‘Safety Leadership’
- Previous exposure to the mining and minerals processing industries in a similar role is preferable
- Broad understanding of the mining and processing industry
- Proven ability to influence and mentor others in HSEC principles and behaviours
- Ability to operate at multiple levels and across disciplines
- Ability to quickly and constructively work within the relevant department team
- Knowledge of SAP or similar application for raising notifications and reporting purposes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and demonstrated use of maintaining database systems
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
Reference Number – 63806