|Job Type:||Full Time|
Nearmap is unique. An Australian global technology company with incredible people; a market-leader with energy and spirit. Nearmap was named as one of the world’s 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2020 by Fast Company magazine – and we’re growing.
We are looking for a Commercial Analyst who is a hands-on self-starter to join our amazing finance team. Are you inquisitive and able to get stuck into understanding key business drivers, risks and opportunities? If so, we would love you to come on board and apply your technical skills to the real world, real business and real stakeholders at Nearmap.
As we continue to grow in line with our ambition, you too will continue to grow and develop as a business partner. Day to day, you will use your detail orientated analytical skills and conceptual thinking to support the Commercial Finance Manager and work with a number of stakeholders in the Australian commercial business.
What we do
We provide easy, instant access to high-resolution aerial imagery, city-scale 3D content, AI datasets and integrated geospatial tools, with wide-scale coverage across the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. At the core of it, we’re a location content company, a visual analytics company, and a software as a service company. Innovation is weaved into our DNA.
A typical day in the role will look like this
- Engaging with stakeholders in the ANZ Commercial business to understand the key drivers of Sales & Marketing performance
- Analysing key performance metrics and trends to help drive the business forward
- Supporting the Commercial Finance Manager in presenting and communicating findings to key stakeholders
- Business case preparation for growth opportunities
- Preparation and communication of recommendations around the risks and opportunities facing the business
- Owning the month end close
- Supporting the Commercial Finance Manager with Budgeting/Forecasting, Management and Statutory Reporting
- Collaborating with stakeholders across the business on high impact project work.
- Fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- Confidence with financial modelling and data analysis
- Experience with financial and ERP systems such as Netsuite, PBCS, Looker and Salesforce viewed favourably
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Personable, relationship-oriented mindset
- Analytical, inquisitive and conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to adapt and manage competing responsibilities and deadlines in a timely manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
Experience and education
- 2-3 years of business finance or other relevant experience
- B. Com degree or similar(Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics)
- CA / CPA qualified or in process
Working at Nearmap
We move fast and work smart; often wearing multiple hats. We adapted to remote working with ease and are continually looking at ways to improve. We’re proud of our inclusive, supportive culture, and maintain a safe environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging and can be themselves.
Some of our benefits
Nearmap takes a holistic approach to our employees’ emotional, physical and financial wellness. Our current benefits include competitive pay, access to the Nearmap employee share scheme, short and long-term financial incentives, flexible working options, paid volunteer days, gym and phone rebates, and lots of development opportunities including hack-a-thons and pitch-fests.
If you can see yourself working at Nearmap and feel you have the right level of experience, we invite you to get in touch.Watch our culture video and find out more about what a day in the life at Nearmap looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7rikZqa8n8
Nearmap does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies and search firms. Please do not email or send unsolicited resumes to any Nearmap employee, location or address. Nearmap is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.