Risk Project Lead, Wealth & Personal Banking Risk (WPB)
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We’re looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who’ll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you’ll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
The WPB Risk Team is responsible for the development and management of HBAU’s risk management framework across all Wealth and Personal Banking (WPB) products, supporting the business and ensuring risk strategies are focussed on maximising portfolio profitability across the full credit spectrum.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join the WPB Risk team in Australia in the role of WPB Risk Project Lead. Reporting to the Head of WPB Risk, this role has primary responsibility in managing WPB Risk related projects and driving the definition of risk related requirements and deliverables for broader bank project tasks assigned to WPB Risk across both the secured and unsecured portfolios.
- Serve as project lead for WPB Risk related projects. Facilitate communication across WPB with both 1st and 2nd line teams (e.g. Analytics, Underwriting, Collections, Product, Compliance, Distribution), technical teams and industry contacts to ensure successful implementation of requirements.
- Support the implementation of regulatory changes and decision system enhancements ensuring risk related requirements are acuratlely captured, defined and delivered across the risk lifecyle.
- Assist in defining the requirements and deliverables of larger project tasks and provide credit risk/business subject matter expertise to the technical teams.
- Work with external vendors to define deliverables and ensure they meet agreed service levels and time frames
- Maintain HSBC global control standards ensuring:
- WPB Retail Risk strategies and policies meet Regulatory frameworks across local and international jurisdictions;
- WPB products and services treat customers fairly;
- WPB Risk strategies are designed to support growth while minimizing the Bank’s exposure to reputational risk.