|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cloud Solution Architect - Data Analytics and AI
You may have heard we’re going through a transformation here at Microsoft. It's an unprecedented shift in our culture, the way we do business and our approach to the world. At the heart of that is hiring people have a desire to succeed, a passion to innovate and an insatiable appetite to learn. If that sounds like you, read on, this may be just the place for you.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, demonstrating the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and services. To this end, Microsoft is investing in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully adopt Microsoft Cloud solution and services.
We are looking for a Cloud Solution Architect for Advanced Analytics & AI to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Data Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field. This is a customer facing role, responsible for providing end-to-end technical guidance and expertise.
This Cloud Solution Architect role is a deeply technical role, working with our customers to build technical capability, create innovative solutions to their business challenges and uncover new workloads that could be migrated to Azure.
This role will be responsible for the Advanced Analytics and AI technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
This role will own the technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and Proofs of Concepts as well as collaborating with other parts of Microsoft and our partners, always with the Customers’ needs at the heart of everything you do.
Customer Success = Microsoft Success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive the deployment of customer workloads onto SQL Server and Azure Data
- Services to increase their consumption of the Microsoft Data Platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term data platform adoption within their company.
- Identify, validate and grow opportunities to accelerate deployment and consumption in your assigned customer accounts, in partnership with the sales team, by driving solution architecture for both Microsoft and 3rd party solutions.
Lead deployment of projects, creation of collateral, and trining of sellers and partners in your area of specialization.
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
- Coach other technical sellers to become certified in the required Data Platform technical certifications.
Whilst we don’t expect everyone to be an expert in everything, (we will help with that if you love learning fast) we are looking for data experts with deep knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Cloud Data solutions around data platform technologies, big data, Industrial IoT systems (Hadoop, Cloudera, Databricks, Spark etc.), Machine Learning, Advanced Analytics, Data Mining and ETL.
- Deep understanding of data platform technologies, migrating competitive databases, Microsoft BI technologies, emerging computing trends, and experience in at least one of the following areas: Database architecture, ETL, Data Mining, Business Intelligence, Big Data, Machine Learning, Data Governance, No-SQL database, Advanced Analytic.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
2+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of complex application architectures (i.e. having an architectural sense for connecting data sources, data visualization, structured and unstructured data, etc.)
- Leader in influencing experience major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company is an Advantage
- If this sounds like you then pop in an application, and we will take a much closer look at your details.
Microsoft has a flexible working culture and on an average week your time could be split between our Microsoft offices, customer locations and your home. We offer competitive salary, bonus and benefits.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.