|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Our Splunk Family are a focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
As an RSM for Splunk’s Observability business unit, you will be responsible for selling Splunk’s new and explosively growing application development software products for monitoring and observability (including SignalFx and VictorOps)in a set territory.This is a quota carrying, external field position.
Ability to generate your own pipeline, articulate complex solutions, build and maintain executive level relationships, navigate across customer organizations / business units, and lead the Observability virtual team is required. In return you’ll be focused on one of the hottest technology segments, with a unique solution that solves a very difficult problem all business are facing during their digital transformation.
SignalFx is the only real-time cloud monitoring platform for infrastructure, microservices, and applications, and is built on a massively scalable streaming architecture. We apply advanced analytics and data-science-directed troubleshooting to let operators find the root cause of issues in seconds.
VictorOps is incident management software purpose-built for DevOps. By centralizing information and offering high-powered integrations, VictorOps makes on-call suck less by empowering DevOps teams to collaborate and reduce mean time to acknowledge/repair. When monitoring tools (like Splunk) create alerts, VictorOps makes sure they get to the right people at the right time so problems can be solved faster.
We’re making a difference in the observability space and as we continue to apply significant resources to grow in this area, we’re looking for energetic, talented professionals to grow our team. We are looking for smart and tough people who want to do remarkable things.
We are looking for people who have a passion for creating great employee experiences as we strive to create an environment where people enjoy coming to work every day. If you are someone who is driven to make a global impact and believes in a culture of mutual respect, with focus on customer success, then you need to join us here at Splunk!
- Land, adopt, expand, and deepen sales opportunities.
- Explore the full spectrum of relationships and business possibilities across the client’s entire org chart.
- Expand relationships and orchestrate complex deals across diverse business stake-holders.
- Holistically embrace, access, and utilize the channel to identify and open new, unchartered opportunities.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources. Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions
- Responsible for forecasting, keeps management informed in a timely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity, and gives feedback to marketing.
- Tracks customer activity in internal systems in order to execute sales strategy and identify additional opportunities.
- May provide customer demos and/or product training as necessary.
- Accountable for individual expense budget management.
- You will have 5-10+ years of direct sales experience selling enterprise software to mid-size to large enterprises (required), start-up experience welcomed!
- Strong cloud knowledge with a solid technical understanding, with the ability to conduct demos to startup organisations
- You have previous experience utilizing partners, channels and alliances to sell more successfully and overachieve your quota.
- You have sold a similar complex solution software and have experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, business applications and/or analytics.
- You have a measurable track record in new business development and over achieving sales targets
- Experience in selling complex enterprise software solutions and ability to adapt in fast-growing and changing environments
- Experience in successfully selling during market creation phase
- Proven track record of successfully closing six and seven figure software licensing deals with prospects and customers in the defined territory.
- Experience in the “C” suite, strong executive presence and polish, and excellent listening skills.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC and Challenger methodologies is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus or equivalent experience
- Modern application architecture (micro-services) understanding is key, along with the ability to understand and communicate technical challenges in business terms
Splunk is committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We believe we are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. We welcome the distinct contributions that everyone brings in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.