|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Business Value Consultant, you will develop and execute strategies that build pipeline opportunities, drive growth, and efficiencies within your assigned sales district. You will work with the sales management teams to develop an account strategies and assist in determining multi-year plans to expand Splunk's portfolio across the key buying centers and into the lines of business. Strategic priorities and execution will be governed by the customer’s business imperatives and mapped to Splunk's capabilities across the portfolio to meet and exceed the customer’s desired outcomes. You will also partner with our sales leaders to drive the operational cadence, consult on critical accounts and opportunities, and assist in the preparation of content to include sales campaigns, deal framing, pricing structure, and negotiation strategies.
Assists with the framing of deal “psychology” within an account
- Craft a value hypothesis
- Earn a seat at the table at the C-Level
- Build an economic foundation to eventually support a business case
- Achieve our data-to-everything vision
- Develop a pipeline toward what matters to our customers
- Reduce year-to-year renewal risk
- Value alignment, definition, creation
- Includes people/skills and process gaps
- Aligned to the customer’s strategic imperatives and endorsed by the Executive Buyer.
- Support C-level meetings in global account base
- Attend AVP forecast calls
- Deal strategy, planning, and review calls
- Ongoing quarterly touchpoints with customer executives
- Build and position transformation programs at the account level
- Define and build transformation programs and 3-year value programs in the accounts
- Work in conjunction with sales and account leadership to define Splunk positioning in the account including expected revenue to increase Splunk SOW (share of wallet)
- Define Splunk program in the account and work with the extended Splunk ecosystem and GSI’s (Accenture, Deloitte, E&Y) to define the program and associated sales campaigns
- 10+ years of selling enterprise SaaS experience combined with leading SaaS sales teams (2nd line experience a plus)
- Experience closing 7 & 8 figure software sales/SaaS deals and references to prove success.
- Success with development & refinement of multi-year adoption strategy & construction of a comprehensive business case
- Experience with an iACV comp model
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.