|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
With over 10,000 employees and volunteers working across more than 300 sites, our services are in the areas of aged care, disability, community services and chaplaincy.
About the role:
Contribute to the development of the strategy of Home and Community Care businesses as you lead the planning, budgeting and reporting of activities within your area.
Our Home and Community Care team are about to embark on a major business transformation and while this is initially a 2 year fixed term contract there would be a strong view to permanency.
As the Area Manager , your role specifically will:
- Provide efficient and effective management of the Home & Community Care team
- Lead the provision of quality services to Uniting clients in line with the Inspired Care philosophy
- Contribute to the development of and implement operational solutions to meet targets laid out in the strategic plan, connecting with enabling / differentiating functions to obtain specialist input or services as required (e.g. Practice, Finance, HR, Customer)
- Develop and grow viable community care services at a local level
- Implement solutions in line with Home & Community Care workforce strategy in order to address current and future workforce requirements, including effective recruitment, L&D, talent/succession planning, and performance management
- Incorporate better practice techniques into service development initiatives within your service area as agreed with Head of Operations
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Chance to deliver significant organisational change and improve outcomes
- Varied workload including BAU, internal projects and wider organisation initiatives
- Ongoing professional and personal development opportunities
- Work within an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the communities in which they live
While experience in Aged Care or similar service sectors would be an advantage, those from other industries with transferable skills and experiences are encouraged to apply.
To be successful you will need:
- Experience managing operations of large services across multiple sites
- Able to create positive and productive workplace culture
- Skilled at navigating a complex organisation, forging relationships, and managing through influence rather than direct authority as required
- A demonstrated passion for social change and contributing to an organisation of influence for the most disadvantaged